Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayfoto

TCL series 5 QLED audio volume dialogue drowned out by ambient sound. How to fix?

New tv w Vizio sound bar connected via optical cord. Trying to watch a football game on espn, through Xfinity cable, and the vocals of the announcers seemed buried in the mix with the ambient stadium/crowd sounds overwhelming the announcers audio. I tried different settings and settled on stereo. Didn’t seem to matter. Bought today. I found another thread dating back a couple of years that the moderators shut down. I didn’t find any answers there. Suggestions? I bought today so I do not know anything about what operating system is on it and if that makes a difference. The picture is stunning. But if I can’t get the sound right I have to trade it in. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Mike-E
Streaming Star

Re: TCL series 5 QLED audio volume dialogue drowned out by ambient sound. How to fix?

Go to:

HOME > SETTINGS > AUDIO > Digital audio format > Custom > Dolby >Set it to: "Dolby Digital Plus"

Let us know how that works for you. It works for me on a 50s535 and a Vizio sound bar with optical cable

0 Kudos