Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WiseBeardMan
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL roku tv volume goes up itself

Jump to solution

I had this problem on my Roku TV and followed the suggestion to contact TLC…and this worked.  I did a full factory reset before contacting them but save that for last because in itself it did nothing to fix the problem.  These are the steps we did on the phone.

Go to Settings/Advanced system settings and do the Reset TV audio/picture settings,

Remove the batteries from the remote control.  With the batteries out of the remote, hold the power down for 15 seconds on the remote.

Unplug the TV, hold down the power button for three seconds which on my model is hidden below the lighted TLC logo on the front of the TV.  There are three little nubs you’ll find on the set right below the TLC.  The center one is the power button.

Plug the TV back in, return the batteries to the remote and turn on the TV with the remote and play something on the TV.

I have been watching for hours now and it seems to be fixed.  Do a full factory reset if this didn’t work for you and try the above steps again but you likely won’t need to.

I wasted days blaming this problem on my sound bar or my Apple TV before finally unplugging all of the attached devices only to discover the problem was in the TV itself.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
KristaC

Jump to solution

@mikepaisner
Oh my goodness! Thank you! I’ve been trying to figure out what was going on. We don’t use out fire stick often, so I didn’t think anything about it. Come to find out, that remote had slipped into the cushion of the couch, and ever time my husband sat down, stood up, or moved even just a little, the tv would turn up/down/mute. 
you just saved us few hundred dollars. Thank you !!!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My TCL 55in, does the same thing. On any app, Philo for example, out on nowhere the volume will start rising completely by itself. As soon as I lower the volume by remote or app or even the controls of the tv. It will go right back up.  I have to fight with the controls just to watch TV. This started a month ago.

0 Kudos
liljo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Tv is 2 years old. None of your fixes work. Audio reset, volume still goes up by itself. Factory reset, volume st il goes up by itself. Took batteries out of remote, unplugged tv, held power button 3 seconds, plugged back in, turned on. Volume still goes up by itself! I have 3, 55inch TVs, and one 70 inch tv. This was my first TCL tv and it will be my last. When you call TCL support they tell you to do everything I've already done. In other words, no help at all.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@liljo

Thanks for the post.

If you do not see the issue occur when the batteries are removed from the remote, this would indicate that there is an issue with the remote.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact TCL here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
liljo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny, It's not a problem with the remote. It is a brand new remote from TCL TVs.  

0 Kudos
liljo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How do I stop the volume from going up by itself? 

0 Kudos
liljo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The problem is still there without batteries kn the remote. TV is updated daily and still no solution. I do not understand why Roku refuses to find a solution.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@liljo

Thanks for the follow up.

Do you have any external audio devices connected to your Roku TV? Are any other remotes connected to your Roku TV?

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Prav2981
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update:

The only solution which works for this problem is getting a new sound bar( I got one for 100$.) With sound bar using optical cable the problem of controlling the sound was resolved. HDMI arc didn't work. Though the sound issue was managed , using the remote is headache . Somehow the remote and tv units goes crazy when the remote is used. So I am using the mobile app for remote and sound bar for volume. Tv p605 55". 

0 Kudos