Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJ13

TCL roku tv volume goes up itself

Jump to solution

TCL roku tv volume goes up by itself. Tried factory reset, reset by pressing reset button located at the back of the tv, power off and on tv and of course checked by taking batteries off from remote. None of the solution works. It is very annoying. Any solution? Please don't say check your remote.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL roku tv volume goes up itself

Jump to solution

@AJ13 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@AJ13 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This just recently started happening to me. Did you find the solution?

0 Kudos
xl

Jump to solution

I had this issue for a few days in 55" TCL Roku TV and it was really frustrating. After trying a few solutions that didn't work (tv unplugging, factory reset, etc) I went to settings - audio - speakers and turned it to off. After a few minutes I tuned it back on and the problem seems to be gone. You may want to try this to see if it helps.

Update: The problem is still occurring. Since i'm outside of the warranty period for my TV, I have decided to purchase a sound bar instead of using the internal speak of the TV or purchasing a new TV. Will see if this helps. 

Update 2: using an external speaker like a sound bar will resolve this issue as a workaround. I purchased a sound bar, disconnected the tv internal speaker and now use the sound bar. This works great. This is a good solution if you are out of warranty, or if you can't afford or rather prefer not to buy a new TV

Tags (2)
Snotgd

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with the roku sound bar. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Snotgd,

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Prav2981
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi,

I gave the same problem. It happens for all channel or apps.. Volume goes up to 100 and unable to reduce the volume. Tcl P605. I had the issue initially in June 2020 and after a month problem didn't occur.  Again now the issue started. I did all possible restart , reset nothing helps

Thanks Praveen

0 Kudos
jduang

Jump to solution

Same issue and it happens with the soundboard connect via ARC as well. Seems to be a issue with the OS. I had to work around the issue by plugging in a Roku stick to HDMI1 and using an optical cable to a soundboard. Stupid having to use a Roku stick on a Roku TV but WTF...

0 Kudos
Thomm

Jump to solution

Don't understand your fix. What do you mean by sound board and be more specific on the Roku stick,

what stick do I need.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I had a similar problem with the TV volume going down by itself on a TCL Roku TV.  I tried everything including doing a factory reset of the TV, switching out remote controls, and taking batteries out of the other remotes, as well as using the Roku app on my phone as a remote control.  I called TCL and the technician talked me through all the same steps that I already tried.

I was about to take the TV back to Costco when my wife asked if I checked the new Firestick remote.  The new Firestick remote has volume controls?!?  Sure enough, the new Firestick remotes do have volume controls.  I touched the Firestick volume control once and the problem went away.