Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

TCL remote

I have to press a button on my remote several times before the TV responds. I have also tried a remote that worked well with my last TCL TV and the same issue exists. Can the IR receiver be replaced or are there external IR receivers available?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: TCL remote

You can switch to using a wifi remote, no more pointing needed. You can get them at walmart in the with other remotes for $19.88. Or pay $29.99 at best buy. Its the RC-AL7R. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I don't think the problem is the remote but rather the IR receiver on the TV; a different remote that worked with a different TCL TV also works the same (intermittently)as the new remote. What brand is the RC-AL7R? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Its a true Roku remote sold separately, it will work with ALL Roku tv's and stand alone Roku's as well. Its Wifi so it doesn't use the IR sensor on the tv which may be faulty in your case. They don't sell outboard IR sensors that respond to roku remotes. 

They sell it at amazon as well:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-RCAL7R-Voice-Remote-New/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_rhf_sc_p_img_6?_encoding=UT...

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks Edmund, that really helps and is more info that I was able to find searching Google.  

Randy

0 Kudos