Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gwilkrrs
Level 7

TCL p607 issue

my set is 12/17 man date is not working.
the set powers on but will not do anything else- it lights up with the backlight but the screen stays dark. I unplugged the set and this worked 2 times, I reset the set and this worked once, now the set just will not repower. I have tried all resets and unplugging. TCL was no help. thoughts?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: TCL p607 issue

Sounds like a bad power supply to me, but I'm not a tv technician.. These days unfortunately, you need to look at repair cost vs replacement cost. You might be better off replacing the TV.

EDIT: I just saw that your TV is a mid-priced TV, so it may be better to get an estimate on a repair.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
gwilkrrs
Level 7

Re: TCL p607 issue

"jeffrok" wrote:
Sounds like a bad power supply to me, but I'm not a tv technician.. These days unfortunately, you need to look at repair cost vs replacement cost. You might be better off replacing the TV.

EDIT: I just saw that your TV is a mid-priced TV, so it may be better to get an estimate on a repair.

I thought power board too but so many boards with my limited knowledge.......
I can have it assessed for $50 then the repair$............. or just find a board and replace for $50+.........
0 Kudos