Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ADL3784
Level 7

Re: TCL optical audio issue

WOW!!! Just WOW!!! I’ve been researching this all over the net and you found the fix... as soon as I switched from ARC to normal HDMI the audio on the sound bar came on. THANK YOU!!!

0 Kudos
Sting1ray
Level 7

Go to Settings >> Audio >> Advance settings >Digital audio out > and set to PCM and your SPDIF should work ..

Good Luck ;-)

0 Kudos
MikeLyno
Level 7

Already had tried that. Maybe I have a bad DAC. The DAC I have has two outputs for the powered speakers, one Optical and one coax. I know the coax connection works cause my previous tv had it and it worked with it.

0 Kudos
Funwithjay
Level 7

You ever get this figured out? I'm running into the same issue. I have a Bose Solo 5 connected to my TCL 55S425 Roku TV. It only has AUX, Optical and Coaxial for TV Inputs. I have the Optical connected and get no sound. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Southpaw313
Level 7

I was running optical out from TCL to Analog to Digital Converter, Converter to RCA receiver, working fine 2 days ago. Stopped working, so I replaced the converter and Toslink cord to no avail. Anyone got anything on this? There is no HDMI connected. Im baffled that this worked wonderfully a few days ago, and no longer works. 

0 Kudos
Paddler77
Level 9

I am having same issue. Perhaps recent software update caused malfunction.  Very frustrating!!!

ps I fixed issue by unplugging my Samsung HT-bd1250 for 10 sec then restarting home theater system.  Then I searched for new CEC device under the systems menu.

I hope this works for you.

0 Kudos
Tazoman
Level 7

Thanks for this reply. I had a similar issue that had me panic and I almost thought I had to buy a new tv but switching the audio settings from auto detect to SPDIF worked now I have audio through my optical cable woohoo you rock!!!!!

0 Kudos
Jonathan369
Level 8

any options to get the Roku remote to control the volume for optical audio connections

0 Kudos
Msyoungj
Level 7

I have a TCL 55" ROKU TV. I also have a TCL sound bar.  I fixed my no sound issue by selecting Dolby Digital under S/PDIF and ARC.

Settings>Audio>S/PDIF and ARC>DOLBY DIGITAL. Sound bar now works just fine.

0 Kudos
Cavasosman
Level 7

Had the same problem. Tried everything and it didnt work. I had to push the optical cable until it clicked into the soundbar and it worked fine. I have my ps4 hooked to the hdmi arc too

0 Kudos