Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hopsngrains
Reel Rookie

TCL optical audio issue - need assistance

OK, so my issue may be a bit different. I've been using the Optical Out on my TCL tv. As we all know, Optical cables can be somewhat to touchy when it comes to inserting/attaching as they sometimes just pop out. The Optical connection on my TCL is/was like this. 

The last time I attempted to re-insert the Optical cable into the TV, I could not. Upon looking closer, the plastic piece covering the output had gotten pushed inside the output. I pulled the plastic out (just broke off), and re-attempted to insert the Optical cable to no avail. There is a metal piece on the right of the output I'm assuming helps to keep the cable in, but my cable would not stay. So...I easily pulled the metal piece out.

Now I have a hole with a red light. Is there any way to repair (install something in there to hold my Optical cable and... of course make it functional?

0 Kudos