Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
randyjones
Level 7

TCL can no longer find 5G network

Hi!  I looked around but couldn't find any posts with same situation as me.  I've been using my TCL for a little over a month just fine and then suddenly it could no longer see my 5G connection.  I confirmed it was up (it's the connection I'm using on my laptop to post this right now!).  But even when I try to enter the SSID it will not recognize it.  It has no problem logging into the 2.4G network that is broadcasted from the same router.  

I did some searching and I saw that you can in theory use a USB ethernet adapter.  I love this idea and ordered the following 
https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-USB-2-0-E ... ter+belkin

Which others have said should work.  I've followed the steps to use it and have not been able to get it to work.  I've verified the dongle does in fact work, but using it for this laptop again.

Any ideas for either getting my 5G to work or the USB adapter would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
knuckle
Level 7

Re: TCL can no longer find 5G network

did you try rebooting the TV ?
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T
0 Kudos
randyjones
Level 7

Oh!  I just noticed that it quit working when it updated my software to version 7.5.0 and Build 4101.  I also started having issue with the amazon app then.  Any way to roll back?
0 Kudos
randyjones
Level 7

"knuckle" wrote:
did you try rebooting the TV ?

Yep!  I've tried that several time going in through Settings -> Power -> Restart (or reboots, can't remember the exact working)
I've even tried the network reset in advanced settings.
0 Kudos
JimCriz
Level 7

I've been having similar problems with my TCL ROKU TV since the last build. The Amazon app and PBS Kids app stutter than disconnect the tv from the wifi. Would also like to either roll back the update or have it fixed in a new update.
0 Kudos
thefritz1
Level 7

I  am having the exact same issues...ONLY with Amazon app it sometimes works but 95% of time since 7.5.0 and 6.1 Amazon App update (and now 6.2) it will grind to a halt and give me black screen and if I left it sit long enough will actually disconnect from my network. This only happens with Amazon.

Anyone have any solutions? I spent an hour on phone with tech support with no luck.

EDIT: Also did a full factory reset and removed and added amazon--no luck.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
kgb1977
Level 7

I am having an identical issue with the Amazon App and Wifi disconnects since the recent firmware/amazon app upgrade.  I also did a factory reset and removed/added the amazon app without success.  I noticed while the issue is occurring the light under the TCL logo intermittently flashes.  If roll back is an option that would be great, otherwise I hope a future firmware release corrects this.  I have resorted to a fireTV stick for watching Amazon content.
0 Kudos
webdeveloper
Level 7

To the original poster: I purchased this same Belkin USB Ethernet adapter and have not been able to confirm that it is working on my new 55" Roku TV. Have you had any luck yet? Rebooting and following the contradictory instructions here have not helped me.
0 Kudos
thefritz1
Level 7

There are a few posts like this one floating around but no assistance or plan provided for a fix. Any information out there that helps?
0 Kudos
mballmond
Level 7

I am having this same problem- the 5.0 had a weaker signal strength but faster throughput for this location.  Now the Roku won't even see the network.  Very frustrating, since everything was working so well.  This update has been a disaster.
0 Kudos