Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d1avyt

TCL audio output problem. Only outputs Left channel.

Hey there! I'm a total novice at all things tech a/v so please bear with me if I use the wrong terminology. Or tell me if I'm just doing something wrong please!

I have a TCL Roku TV. A cord (3.5mm jack to L/R speaker) is plugged into the headphone jack, which connects to the L/R slots on my receiver (NAD Stereo Receiver 7130). The receiver then connects to a left and right Manual Audio Bookshelf speaker. My issue is that I only seem to get the Left audio channel, and I think it's a problem with the TV's output itself, not the speakers or receiver.

Here's why I think it's the TV output, outputting only the Left channel:

In general, no sound comes out of the Right speaker. But with Mono on on the receiver, both speakers play the mono audio. So the issue isn't the Right speaker itself.

Similarly, I can switch the Left and Right inputs to the receiver, and in that case, the right speaker works while the left doesn't.

When I play a Left/Right speaker test on Youtube, there's no sound at all when it's meant to be coming from the Right.

I don't think it's the receiver, because when I test the same set-up but put the 3.5mm headphone jack into my computer instead of the tv, it all works fine, with stereo audio.

I've tried multiple of the 3.5mm to L/R cords and it doesn't fix it.

I've looked around the Roku settings and don't see any issues. I've tried the TV settings (asterisk on the Roku remote) and when I click "Sound Settings" it says "Unavailable with headphones." Any help would be appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos