Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessa188

Re: TCL TV loop restart

Jump to solution

Factor restart not working, any other suggestions? Unplugged the Xbox and did reset on back already

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jessa188 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku TV.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can update and finish setting up your Roku TV. Then once your TV has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
markobburic
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just am running into this. None of these suggestions work. 

markobburic
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny. Pls help. You’re support tram seems clueless and keeps saying that it’s network related. I think you need to face the facts that one of your recent software updates is bricking our TVs. 

markobburic
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This isn’t working nor is tvupdate.roku.com. You’re support folks are clueless blaming TcL who is pointing us right back to you. What is the deal?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@markobburic 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can update and finish setting up your Roku TV. Then once your TV has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
markobburic
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes. Tried mobile hotspot and another network, and factory reset via button and soft.

NOTHING IS WORKING! Nobody from Roku seems to know and TCL just pointed me to you guys (and said they'd get back, which they did not).

This is one of the hands down worst experiences I've ever had with any product or support service. The TV is under warranty and nobody is taking ownership!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I absolutely agree. I feel like my TV is completely useless. None of the suggestions are working and it is beyond frustrating. Glad to see I’m mot the only one with this problem though. 

jyllers76

Jump to solution

What a waste of money. We bought a TCL Roku 2 years ago when we started remodeling our basement.  Never could get it to work but we thought it was a **bleep** wifi signal and since the remodel wasn't finished we figured we'd deal with it when it was.  We had forgotten about it until this week when we finished our basement and decided to hard wire the cable to 'fix' the wifi issue.  Nope, it wasn't the wifi, it was just a **bleep** tv out of the box.  It's still in a maddening set up loop. And because the tv is now 2 years old there is nothing we can do about it.  I'll never recommend Roku to anyone.  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@markobburic 

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku TV along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos