Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RedBearLion
Level 7

TCL TV has sound, but videos don't

I've got a TCL TV with in-built audio. I can hear audio when I click the remote and navigate, but none of the audio works for videos, whether Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, and the rest. I also tried a USB stick. No dice.

I am not connecting to external speakers, and since I can hear something, it's not a hardware issue.

I have tried different audio settings, regular as well as 5.1. I have also tried hearing impaired, director talk tracks, and different languages. All with no success. 

Finally, I've done a system reset. Still nothing. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: TCL TV has sound, but videos don't

Thanks for letting us know.

Have you tried contacting TCL support to report the issue and request additional support? You can reach them directly here: https://support.tclusa.com/contact-us?contact_query=Please%20enter%20your%20question

Your TV manufacturer will be able to provide further assistance. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help answer from there.

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
RedBearLion
Level 7

Re: TCL TV has sound, but videos don't

I've just done this. The turn-around response time is apparently 48-hours. Good news is that I'd gone from no sound to about a 500ms delay... 

0 Kudos