Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmondrian
Level 8

TCL TV freezes / lags / restarts itself when using streaming apps (NEtflix, Disney +, etc)

I hope that your problem goes away.  I found this forum as I had a problem for a number of days last fall.  After resetting the Roku/TLC TV on three separate occasions, it finally stopped having the issue.  I (knock on wood), haven't had an issue since then.  It did seem to be a software issue in my case.  And the Roku/TV has been great otherwise!

Good luck solving your issue.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
djs1952
Level 7

Re: TCL TV freezes / lags / restarts itself when using streaming apps (NEtflix, Disney +, etc)

The thing that worked for me 2months now is turn off standby. Works fine now,

0 Kudos
KellyB
Level 8

Re: TCL TV freezes / lags / restarts itself when using streaming apps (NEtflix, Disney +, etc)

Hi @djs1952 and thanks for your response.  Where do you find "standby" so I can check if we have it on?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
KellyB
Level 8

Hi @pmondrian how did you reset the tv?  We're still having issues, only when using the smart tv portion (does not happen with DirectTv).  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Harvini
Level 11

@KellyB wrote:

Hi @djs1952 and thanks for your response.  Where do you find "standby" so I can check if we have it on?  Thanks!

I suspect the feature you are looking for is called "Fast TV Start".  This feature leaves the set partially awake, and a number of internal operations do not restart from scratch when you power the set back up.  To tunr this feature off, go to System > Power > Fast T Start  and then unclick "Enable fast TV Start"

You should be aware that the current Roku software actually leaves the set in Fast Start mode for about 5 minutes after you have turned it off, so once you change the settings, turn the set off and go do something else for 5-10 minutes before turning it on to see if it changed anything.

0 Kudos