Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmondrian
Reel Rookie

TCL TV freezes / lags / restarts itself when using streaming apps (NEtflix, Disney +, etc)

I hope that your problem goes away.  I found this forum as I had a problem for a number of days last fall.  After resetting the Roku/TLC TV on three separate occasions, it finally stopped having the issue.  I (knock on wood), haven't had an issue since then.  It did seem to be a software issue in my case.  And the Roku/TV has been great otherwise!

Good luck solving your issue.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
djs1952

Re: TCL TV freezes / lags / restarts itself when using streaming apps (NEtflix, Disney +, etc)

The thing that worked for me 2months now is turn off standby. Works fine now,

0 Kudos
KellyB
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL TV freezes / lags / restarts itself when using streaming apps (NEtflix, Disney +, etc)

Hi @djs1952 and thanks for your response.  Where do you find "standby" so I can check if we have it on?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
KellyB
Reel Rookie

Hi @pmondrian how did you reset the tv?  We're still having issues, only when using the smart tv portion (does not happen with DirectTv).  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Harvini
Roku Guru

@KellyB wrote:

Hi @djs1952 and thanks for your response.  Where do you find "standby" so I can check if we have it on?  Thanks!

I suspect the feature you are looking for is called "Fast TV Start".  This feature leaves the set partially awake, and a number of internal operations do not restart from scratch when you power the set back up.  To tunr this feature off, go to System > Power > Fast T Start  and then unclick "Enable fast TV Start"

You should be aware that the current Roku software actually leaves the set in Fast Start mode for about 5 minutes after you have turned it off, so once you change the settings, turn the set off and go do something else for 5-10 minutes before turning it on to see if it changed anything.

0 Kudos