cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
do622
Reel Rookie

TCL Soundbar with Roku wireless speakers

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku tv , a TCL Roku ready alto8 soundbar, 2 wireless speakers, a subwoofer. You say wireless speakers don't work with other brands than Roku. My system works, but I would like to add another set of speakers. I can't find an answer to that. Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL alto 9 Soundbar with Roku wireless speakers

Jump to solution

@rlough53 

The TCL soundbar is only Roku ready, means it will work with Roku tv remote that's it. You want integration between soundbar and wireless speakers that have to be true Roku brand devices. 

On newer TCL Sound bars in addition to working with Roku tv remotes, it's also wireless, no cable between the Roku tv and TCL soundbar, only cable is Soundbar's power cable. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
rlough53
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I too spent 2-3 hours on the phone with Roku support (across the US and in China) - trying to figure out how to make the Roku rear wireless speakers work with the Roku Alto 9 Soundbar and woofer. The rear speakers WILL NOT/CAN NOT WORK  with the Soundbar AT THE SAME TIME.. You can hook them all up (to a Roku or other TV) but you cannot get the sounbar and wireless speakers to work at the same. You choose to hear either the soundbar or rear speakers but not both together.

So.... NO SURROUND SYSTEM from Roku.

I challenge anyone to explain how they make them work together.

This was very disappointing as I have been very happy with my Roku TV's ( bought 4 65"R635 TV's for family) and now have a 75 " Roku 8k TV. Great Value, very good product. 

I bought the SAMSUNG Q990B 11.1.4 Soundbar with subwoofer and wireless rear speakers with Dolby Atmos = Outstanding. Very happy even at $1,300. There is also a 9.1.4 Samsung sounbar with Dolby Atmos for $1,000 that is very good. Without Dolby Atmos you are missing out on outstanding audio.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

@rlough53 

The TCL soundbar is only Roku ready, means it will work with Roku tv remote that's it. You want integration between soundbar and wireless speakers that have to be true Roku brand devices. 

On newer TCL Sound bars in addition to working with Roku tv remotes, it's also wireless, no cable between the Roku tv and TCL soundbar, only cable is Soundbar's power cable. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
rlough53
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

All equipment is Roku - TV, Soundbar (Alto 9), Subwoofer and Wireless Speakers. There is NO way to make the soundbar and wireless speakers work at the same time .

0 Kudos
rlough53
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

All equipment is Roku. No way to make soundbar and wireless speakers work together simultaneously. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

No, they're not the TCL is only Roku READY!!! it does not make it a Roku device!!! It just makes it convenient in it works with Roku tv remote. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
do622
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That is not my problem. I understand that the bar doesn't sound with the wireless speakers. BUT my question is...why can't I add another set of speakers since mine work?!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@do622

Thanks for the post.

You should be able to add another set of wireless speakers to your Roku TV for a surround sound setup.

For more information about Roku Wireless Speakers, visit our Support page here: Set up your wireless speakers

Please keep us posted what you find out and if you need further assistance, we can have our Support team follow up with you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rctitus

Re: TCL Sounbar with Roku wireless speakers

Jump to solution

What is the solution?

0 Kudos
rlough53
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Didn't work for me. Spent 2 1/2 hrs. on the phone with Roku techs (even in China) who were unable to help. Ultimately concluded that you cannot use the Alto 9 soundbar in conjunction with rear speakers. One or the other but not both at the same time to create true surround set up. Huge dissapoint. If someone can prove how to make it work I would like to know how. 

0 Kudos