Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCL Sounbar with Roku wireless speakers

Jump to solution

I have a tcl alto 6+ Sound bar made to work with a Roku tv and I want to purchase the Roku wireless speakers. Is there a way I can make them both work together at the same time?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL Sounbar with Roku wireless speakers

Jump to solution

@Tomjr78 @Emartinez1445 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Roku TV Wireless Speakers will work with either a Roku TV or the Roku Soundbar and Streambar. The Roku TV Wireless Speakers will not pair with other brand products.

For more information about Roku TV Wireless Speakers, visit our Support page here: What are Roku® wireless speakers?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Tomjr78

Jump to solution

I would also be interested in an answer to this. I just purchased a TCL Alto 8i Atmos soundbar on the cheap for Cyber Monday and though I am very impressed with the sound you can't beat actual rear channels! Question is can you pair the Roku Wireless Speakers with a TCL Alto Soundbar?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Tomjr78 @Emartinez1445 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Roku TV Wireless Speakers will work with either a Roku TV or the Roku Soundbar and Streambar. The Roku TV Wireless Speakers will not pair with other brand products.

For more information about Roku TV Wireless Speakers, visit our Support page here: What are Roku® wireless speakers?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
FedupwithRKU
Reel Rookie

My TCL TV, Roku Wireless speakers and Roku Smart Soundbar will Not work together....

Jump to solution

I've been trying for weeks to get them to work together and it will not happen.  The Sound bar works when I'm on Netflix, Hulu etc.  The speakers work when I'm watching TV.  Please advise! I'm ready to Return it All.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My TCL TV, Roku Wireless speakers and Roku Smart Soundbar will Not work together....

Jump to solution

@FedupwithRKU 

Thanks for the post.

This would appear that your Soundbar and Wireless Speakers are not paired together. We would trying to pair your Wireless speakers to your Soundbar to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
alanpsych1

Re: TCL alto 9 Soundbar with Roku wireless speakers

Jump to solution

Hi danny

To be certain before I buy.  The roku wireless speakers say that they work with the Roku smart soundbar.  Will it work with the TCL 9 alto?

Thanks

alan

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The answer is NO. Roku wireless speakers only pair to Roku tv's and Roku soundbar/streambars. that's it. The TCL Alto 9 is Roku ready, but it only pairs to Roku tv's nothing else. Just so the roku remote would control the TCL soundbar. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rlough53
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So does this mean there is no Roku complete surround system with a front soundbar and wireless rear speakers? Crazy. I spent 3 hours on the phone with Roku Support reps trying to make this work. They could not answer the question directly - just kept circling a trial and error process only to fail to make it work. If not compatible should have just said so. And.... it makes no sense to me why it isn't/can't be configured to work together. Many other brands make complete surround systems with soundbar and rear wireless surround speakers. 

If these Roku soundbars and speakers cannot work together then it should be made clear on the packaging so people don't have false expectations. Loved Roku - until this experience.  

Perhaps you can make sense why they cannot be configured to be compatible.  

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

That isn't what I wrote, I said the "TCL" branded soundbar won't. Roku branded soundbar and wireless speakers all work together along with the roku subwoofer. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

That isn't what I wrote, I said the TCL branded soundbar won't work with roku wireless speakers. Roku branded soundbar and wireless speakers all work together along with the roku subwoofer. 

Edmund

0 Kudos