Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdhaus72
Level 7

TCL Series 8 75-inch Reboots On Its Own

Hello:

I have a 75-inch TCL Series 8 TV.  For some reason, the Roku OS will occasionally lock up and the TV will reboot about 10 seconds later or so. When this happens, it is usually on its main menu...but occasionally, it's been inside one of the HDMI sources.  Any ideas why this keeps happening?  I've checked and my software is up to date...It's currently running software version 9.3.0 and Build 4194. Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TCL Series 8 75-inch Reboots On Its Own

@mdhaus72 

Thanks for the post.

Are you able to easily reproduce this issue?

The next time that this issue occurs, can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? 
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ravedice
Level 7

My TCL Series 8 75 inch TV has a similar problem. Almost every day, when I turn on the TV,the screen goes through some seemingly random progression until eventually freezing. I have to physically unplug the TV and then plug it in again before it returns to normal. It's like rebooting a computer.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ravedice 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the information that I have requested in my post above?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ravedice
Level 7

The next time that this issue occurs, can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model:  TCL Model:75Q825
Serial Number:  1912GTC006557A00102
Service Number:  75Q825LAAA
software OS/version:  9.4.0 build 4190-88
-does this issue occur on a specific channel?  Mostly Cable Box (Tivo with Xfinity cable card)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times):  I will do this next time

0 Kudos
3M1960
Level 7

Same issue as others have reported. Television presents a spinning waiting against a black background then lands on red Roku screen for several minutes before landing on home. Happens at least once daily on YouTubeTV. 
Model A115X Roku TV

X0030006A4SND (S05GY07A4SND)

Software Version 9.4.0 build 4200-88

Issue ID ND 525-728

Kwjoh
Level 7

Same problem:

Model: A110X - Roku TV

Serial number: X00300HMGK5M (S055Y98MGK5M)

S/W Version: 9.4.0 Build 4200-88

ISSUE ID: 5M-005-971

Happens when watching AppleTV via Phillips Hue HDMI Sync

0 Kudos