Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baxter9b
Reel Rookie

TCL Series 6 - 65R625 - adding cross fades between aspect ratios

Hello! 

I am having an issue when a show (like a documentary) switches between aspect ratios and my TV adds a 2 frame cross fade. The 2:40:1 bars overlay with the 4:3 bars for a couple frames and its incredibly annoying. My Action Smoothing and LED motion clarity are set to OFF. When I watch this same clip on my other Roku TV - 55S425 (also in 4K HDR) this doesn't happen. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks for your time! (pictures of each frame transition below) 

Best,

Baxter 

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 8.42.02 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-23 at 8.41.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-23 at 8.41.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-23 at 8.41.21 AM.png

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: TCL Series 6 - 65R625 - adding cross fades between aspect ratios

Hey @Baxter9b

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach TCL Support here: https://support.tcl.com/us or at 1-877-300-8837.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Baxter9b
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Series 6 - 65R625 - adding cross fades between aspect ratios

Hi There, 

TCL ended up pointing me back to you guys. I can't get a hold of someone at ROKU on the phone and the email support is just very generic power cycling and firmware updates which I've now done. This is very frustrating. Not sure there is a solution to this. 

0 Kudos