Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gravel

TCL Series 6 (65R625) Reboot Cycle After Upgrade

Yesterday, my TCL Series 6 (65R625, Roku A108X) rebooted after what looks like a software update. After the reboot, it would hang on the red boot screen that says "TCL * Roku TV" and the LED on the bottom of the TV would flash on and off. After pulling the power cord and plugging it back in (no controls responded) I was prompted for a setup process as if it was factory reset. I went through the whole setup process, all the apps downloaded and everything was fine. Overnight, the TV rebooted again and it's back to the red screen "TCL * Roku TV" followed by the screen blanking after a few minutes, restart, etc. I was able to get it to factory reset once and I skipped all the Roku setup to get the model info.

TCL won't help me. After trying another (unsuccessful) factory reset, they told me I was basically out of luck because I'm beyond their 1 year warranty. I"m trying to get back into the factory reset condition so I can try the USB upgrade process but no luck. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Gravel

Re: TCL Series 6 (65R625) Reboot Cycle After Upgrade

.... and it looks like trying to do the USB update process fails. Three different USB drives with three different downloads gets an error that the update file is invalid.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL Series 6 (65R625) Reboot Cycle After Upgrade

@Gravel

Thanks for the posts.

This would appear to be a hardware related issue that the manufacturer would need to investigate further. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach TCL support here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos