Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nkkkkk
Visitor

TCL Roku tv not connecting to hotspot after software update

Jump to solution
Hi there,

My new TCL Roku 50” 4K TV (model 50S425) will no longer connect to my Mobil hotspot (iPhone Xs) after updating the TVs software while it was originally connected. I’ve had it setup for just over a week now and it hasn’t been working since halfway through day 1. Have tried restarting the TV, unplugging the power source to reset the network settings, and restarting my phone... none of these seem to help. I continually now get error code 014.40, and a red X on the first box for wireless connection. I’m quite certain it’s not a password issue. Please help!!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL Roku tv not connecting to hotspot after software update

Jump to solution

@Timica Thanks for the note. 

Try visiting Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Network connection reset and perform a connection reset. You may also need to perform this same procedure on your mobile device. 

Then, try turning your mobile hotspot on again and connecting once more. 

If that doesn't clear up the issue, try adjusting your hotspot name to remove any special characters, or simplify your password and see if this helps you get connected.

Let us know how it goes! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. A few questions here: 

- What version/build of software does your TV currently have installed in Settings>System>About? 
- Have you tried renaming your iOS device's network name to something simpler, removing any special characters? 
- What version of iOS is your iPhone running?
- Are you able to connect the device to a different wireless network?

Please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your TV from Settings>System>About. I'll continue looking into this with you from there! 

Thanks,
Tanner
JBean09

Jump to solution

Mine did the same thing please help

0 Kudos
St0rmie_Garcia3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine is going the same thing and Ik my hot spot works because we use it everyday on our living room tv and bed room tv please help!  

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JBean09 @St0rmie_Garcia3 

Thanks for the note. Please provide the following details so we can try to assist: 

- What version/build of software does your TV currently have installed in Settings>System>About? 

- Have you tried renaming your iOS device's network name to something simpler, and removing any special characters such as a comma or period? 

- What version of iOS is your iPhone running?

- Are you able to connect the device to a different wireless network?

- Do you see any error code or message appear when you are unable to connect?

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Timica

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the same. My software version is 9.2.0+build 4502-48 .

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Timica Thanks for the note. 

Try visiting Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Network connection reset and perform a connection reset. You may also need to perform this same procedure on your mobile device. 

Then, try turning your mobile hotspot on again and connecting once more. 

If that doesn't clear up the issue, try adjusting your hotspot name to remove any special characters, or simplify your password and see if this helps you get connected.

Let us know how it goes! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
St0rmie_Garcia3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD 

Yeah none of that worked. And it worked and connected to my Hotspot just fine until I updated it

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@St0rmie_Garcia3 

Thanks for following up. A few more questions here: 

- Have you recently received an update on your iOS device? What version of iOS is your iPhone running?

- When did you first notice this issue occurring?

- Have you tried renaming your iOS hotspot's network name to something simpler, removing any special characters? 

- Are you able to successfully connect the TV to a different wireless network?

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Can you help me with mine it will not connect after new 9.2 update

0 Kudos