Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amygarvin3

TCL Roku tv and Roku not allowing me to login to Direct TV Stream app.

Anyone else having issues with Roku devices an Direct TV Stream app? Other apps such as Netflix work just fine. 

4 REPLIES 4
Mflemming1
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku tv and Roku not allowing me to login to Direct TV Stream app.

After 2 hours with DirectTV Stream customer care all they can tell me is that my Roku device is not compatible. Never mind that all other streaming services work; that my TCL Roku TVs are all newer than my Amazon FireStick or Apple TV’s that work; or that I can log in on one iPhone 11 and not another one. They have a flawed system and cannot figure out how to fix it. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mflemming1

Thanks for the post.

What Roku model device are you using? If you are able to install the channel on your device, then the device is most likely supported by the channel provider. We would recommend continuing to work with the channel provider as they would best be able to assist you regarding your channel authentication. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BBrown13

I have had EXTENSIVE time on this issue. The problem for most of us is the common username/account between ATT and DirectTv. All my apps on the Roku were perfect, but I could not log into DirectTv on any Roku device. Long story short this is not an issue with Roku who simply houses the apps. They were great at customer service, but simply cannot help you on this one. AT&T should make easy work of this, but after countless hours they were useless. DirectTv fixed the issue, but it did take a couple attempts on chat and phone calls to find THE person that has heard of this many times. They fixed it in under 30 minutes. Basically, they cancelled my current DirectTv account and made a new one with a new username. All the billing through ATT and bundles etc. stay the same. I can now easily log into the Roku app. Good luck.

Mflemming1
Reel Rookie

This worked. Thank you so much!  It was disappointing that AT&T could not get my user ID to work properly. However, the service is now working on devices it wouldn’t before. The HBO Max trial is also working. All the Roku TVs are setup streaming as you would expect. 

0 Kudos