Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsigr
Level 9

Re: TCL-Roku device suddenly does not render Prime in 4K-HDR!

Jump to solution

The more that complain, the faster They'll fix it

0 Kudos
Rushero_Regio
Level 8

Jump to solution

The problem is fixed!! HDR is back!

0 Kudos
aem
Level 9

Jump to solution

Unfortunately not for me. Just double checked that I had the most up-to-date firmware and updates and picked content that was 4k UHD and no go.

Do you mind sharing what firmware you're on?

0 Kudos
VVV1
Level 9

Jump to solution

not fixed for me either

0 Kudos
Rushero_Regio
Level 8

Jump to solution

The firmware is:  Version 11.4.  (Prime video app)  the roku firmware still the same.  

@aem wrote:

Unfortunately not for me. Just double checked that I had the most up-to-date firmware and updates and picked content that was 4k UHD and no go.

Do you mind sharing what firmware you're on?

jsigr
Level 9

Jump to solution

What I did notice is that  HDR is now listed in the show description but  my TV tells me when entering a broadcast that HDR is being used and still not getting that signal

0 Kudos
ContentisKing
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  Worth emphasizing that the HDR icon does appear in the description for certain movies in the Prime Video app, but the app doesn't deliver an HDR signal.  This is on a TCL R625. 

On a TCL TV, you can confirm whether or not you're getting an HDR signal by hitting the asterix button while the content is playing.  The "Picture Mode" setting will change depending on whether the content is SDR, HDR, or Dolby Vision.

This problem appears to be confined to Prime Video.  HDR works just fine for me in the Youtube and Vudu apps. 

0 Kudos
rockaway1836
Level 9

Jump to solution

It's not fixed for me either. I am seeing UHD and HDR in the descriptions now though. I also noticed that on all my other TCL sets the app opens on the new profile page. That is not the case with my 8 series. It looks like it's still stuck on the old UI.

0 Kudos
Mauzapata
Level 7

Jump to solution

Weirdly, HDR does work on tv shows but not movies for some reason 

0 Kudos
Rushero_Regio
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Mauzapata wrote:

Weirdly, HDR does work on tv shows but not movies for some reason 

On Prime Video and Netflix the tv shows and movies produced by them is on HDR, but the other programming is not.

0 Kudos