Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mmetz1212
Level 9

Re: TCL 43S425 not playing 4K in Netflix or Amazon Prime

Jump to solution

@Tismo wrote:

On 2020 R635 65” TCL I can confirm prime video trigger HDR but Netflix nothing. Yes I have premium subscription and I just tested connection thru Netflix settings in the app and logged in over 60 Mbps. I don’t understand what could be wrong. 

Netflix works fine for me, however its displayed in Dolby Vision. If I recall the Movie Bright is in HDR Ill test it later

0 Kudos
Tismo
Level 7

Jump to solution

@Mmetz1212 wrote:

@Tismo wrote:

On 2020 R635 65” TCL I can confirm prime video trigger HDR but Netflix nothing. Yes I have premium subscription and I just tested connection thru Netflix settings in the app and logged in over 60 Mbps. I don’t understand what could be wrong. 

Netflix works fine for me, however its displayed in Dolby Vision. If I recall the Movie Bright is in HDR Ill test it later

I wish I’ve seen your reply before I went to work I could’ve tested it. 
the only reason I keep mentioning HDR in my posts about Netflix is me thinking Dolby vision is another form of HDR but I could be wrong. The thing is yes I see titles discription clearly states Dolby vision or hdr but when I press play no notification shows up when it’s playing in any format other than SD . This is only in Netflix. Other apps work fine and display whatever format they are playing on top right corner 

0 Kudos
Dgo300
Level 8

Jump to solution

Is there a certain title that's not notifying you it's HDR or Dolby Vision? I just tested the title "La Revolution" and the Dolby Vision icon appeared in the top right.

@Tismo 

0 Kudos
Tismo
Level 7

Jump to solution

@Dgo300 wrote:

Is there a certain title that's not notifying you it's HDR or Dolby Vision? I just tested the title "La Revolution" and the Dolby Vision icon appeared in the top right.

Absolutely none. No title trigger the notification.

0 Kudos
Dgo300
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Tismo wrote:

@Dgo300 wrote:

@Tismo You may restart your tv (Settings>System>Power>System restart) if you haven't already done this. My worry was when they fixed the HDR issue in prime, it would break it elsewhere but since then, I've tested netflix and vudu, both playing HDR/Vision titles - both working fine. 

0 Kudos
Tismo
Level 7

Jump to solution

@Dgo300 wrote:

@Tismo wrote:

@Dgo300 wrote:

@Tismo You may restart your tv (Settings>System>Power>System restart) if you haven't already done this. My worry was when they fixed the HDR issue in prime, it would break it elsewhere but since then, I've tested netflix and vudu, both playing HDR/Vision titles - both working fine. 

I’ll try that when I get back home from work. The thing is I have the new chromecast as well hooked up thru HDMI and Netflix in it doesn’t render hdr/vision also so I am utterly confused

0 Kudos
Tismo
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just restarted the tv. Looked for bright movie on Netflix and it doesn’t play in Dolby as it clearly states in the description.

A side note, whenever I play something on prime that is hdr the content takes like 3 or 4 seconds before starting which tells me it’s downloading the right format hdr in this case but with Netflix, it almost instantly start playing the content. I don’t know if that matters or not but I am grasping at straws. 

0 Kudos
Tismo
Level 7

Jump to solution

I figured out what my issue was. I have 4 Accounts in Netflix. Mine, my wife’s and the kids . Apparently, someone set their playback to auto except for mine which was medium, which means I never got the full signal. Smh lol. 
all is good now. 

0 Kudos
Dgo300
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Tismo Sounds like an issue with the tv then. Or software. At this point I would do to a factory reset. If that doesn't fix it, if the tv is still under warranty it may need to be replaced. Before doing that though (replacing ) I would see if others with the same model tv are experiencing the same issue. Or perhaps start a new thread with support. 

0 Kudos
Tismo
Level 7

Jump to solution

@Dgo300 wrote:

@Tismo Sounds like an issue with the tv then. Or software. At this point I would do to a factory reset. If that doesn't fix it, if the tv is still under warranty it may need to be replaced. Before doing that though (replacing ) I would see if others with the same model tv are experiencing the same issue. Or perhaps start a new thread with support. 

See post above yours . Thank you !

0 Kudos