Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

TCL-Roku device suddenly does not render Prime in 4K-HDR!

Jump to solution

Yes, sometime over the last week or so I realized that 4 k was not working for the Prime video channel. I have a roku ultra on another monitor and no problems there and I am sure it did recently work properly as I watched several shows that rendered 4k HDR and verified as much.

I also have 2 fire tv ultra remotes and they work fine so its just with my TCL 8 65  in 2019 that this is occurring. The obvious thing for me to try is to install the previous update to the one currently being used

I have tried uninstalling the app to no avail

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 9

Re: TCL 43S425 not playing 4K in Netflix or Amazon Prime

Jump to solution

It seems to be fixed as of tonight. Thanks to everyone for their support on this issue@!

View solution in original post

153 Replies
Level 9

Re: TCL-Roku device suddenly does not render Prime in 4K-HDR!

Jump to solution

By the way, my current work around is installing my fire TV ultra on an open HDMI  port but could really dig not having to keep an extra streamer on this tv. I also affirmed that my HDMI connectors were set to 2.0. I guess my most important question is how do I remove the latest update and put the previous one on?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have exactly the same problem with roku tv, just started recently 

Level 9

Jump to solution

Must have something to do with the latest update

0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution

SAME thing here, the HDR logo no longer pops up on screen nor in the asterisk menu.  What gives with this?? Is the content still in HDR despite the missing logo?

0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution

Experiencing the same thing.

I have a TCL 55R625.

Spent weeks and weeks dealing with the Netflix/Dolby Vision buffering issue, only to have the firmware that finally fixes it, break HDR on Prime.

This is beyond frustrating.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution

I would say no

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same problem in my TCL 50425 ROKU TV.

Video in HDR still work fine on Netflix and Apple TV, the problem is exclusive with the Prime Video app. Last night i realized!

Level 9

Jump to solution

ya i wish i knew what the deal is.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution

Same issue here with my 8 series. A few others over at the 8 series thread at AVS are also reporting the same thing. They are saying it just started after the new firmware came down. I just got my 8 series yesterday, so I can't confirm the timing. All is working as it should on my P series, S series, and both of my 6 series sets.

0 Kudos