Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mmetz1212
Level 9

Re: TCL 43S425 not playing 4K in Netflix or Amazon Prime

Jump to solution

@Dgo300 wrote:

I can confirm 

Also can confirm finally got Amazon HDR back through the built in app on my Q825 and R625

0 Kudos
TheGalaxy
Level 9

Jump to solution

Well that’s great news! I can’t test as I’ve returned the 55” but am planning to get a 65” because I really do like the picture on the TCL even with the messed up HDR thing, I just hoped they would eventually fix it....and they have apparently!

will confirm when I get the 65. Nice work Roku 👍

0 Kudos
VVV1
Level 9

Jump to solution

I can also confirm it works, without an update too! Took your sweet time, but ty!!!

0 Kudos
aem
Level 9

Jump to solution

I'm seeing many but not all 4k titles working properly. I tried Addams Family 2019 and the Marvel stuff all listed as 4k UHD/HDR and they are not triggering the HDR. Can anyone else confirm?

0 Kudos
Mmetz1212
Level 9

Jump to solution

@aem wrote:

I'm seeing many but not all 4k titles working properly. I tried Addams Family 2019 and the Marvel stuff all listed as 4k UHD/HDR and they are not triggering the HDR. Can anyone else confirm?

I can confirm that these two said titles do not work in HDR, however I own Bad Boys 3 and Pixels through Amazon and both work in HDR. Kinda Wierd. Also ridiculous that some work and some dont.

0 Kudos
Tismo
Level 7

Jump to solution

On 2020 R635 65” TCL I can confirm prime video trigger HDR but Netflix nothing. Yes I have premium subscription and I just tested connection thru Netflix settings in the app and logged in over 60 Mbps. I don’t understand what could be wrong. 

0 Kudos
jsigr
Level 9

TCL 43S425 not playing 4K in Netflix or Amazon Prime

Jump to solution

Maybe those titles are being mis-broadcast from the source. I have noticed Lucier not rendering HDR

0 Kudos
Tismo
Level 7

Jump to solution

@jsigr wrote:

Maybe those titles are being mis-broadcast from the source. I have noticed Lucier not rendering HDR

None of the titles on Netflix render in HDR for me. I tried them all. 

0 Kudos
Dwayde
Level 9

Jump to solution

Just tested Prime on TCL 65" R635 2020 and went to "The Boys Episode 8 Season 2" where I first noticed the issue and it's been fixed. HDR logo comes up right away now. Tested one other show and 1 free movie and they worked fine in HDR. Couldn't test the Marvel stuff someone mentioned still being broken because I don't own them.

I don't have a Netflix account anymore to test.

0 Kudos
Mmetz1212
Level 9

Jump to solution

The first Avengers movie 4k is free on prime so you have access to it.

0 Kudos