Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theskydiveguy
Level 8

TCL Roku audio issue

Jump to solution

TCL 65" Roku TV - I have a Sonos Arc (eArc) - and I have wireless headphones connected through the optical out on the TV. When I watch Netflix, Disney Plus etc the headphones don't work, but using YouTube they work fine. I assume it's a DRM issue? Or is there some way to get my headphones to work again?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
theskydiveguy
Level 8

Re: TCL Roku audio issue

Jump to solution

Figured it out - unfortunately the headphones Sennheiser RS 175 only work in PCM mode. 

Thanks for the help. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Visitor45763
Level 14

Jump to solution

@theskydiveguy wrote:

Or is there some way to get my headphones to work again?

Did it work, and stop working? I wonder if you received an update that broke it for you (a lot of that seems to be happening). You can go to Home>Settings>System>System update to see when your software was last updated. Maybe there is a correlation. (They'll want to know version # anyway).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
theskydiveguy
Level 8

Jump to solution

It has not worked with this new soundbar. 

Software version 9.4.0 build 4200 

Thanks for the reply. 

Should the optical out no matter what's connected to it? 

0 Kudos
theskydiveguy
Level 8

Jump to solution

Figured it out - unfortunately the headphones Sennheiser RS 175 only work in PCM mode. 

Thanks for the help. 

View solution in original post