Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glacierview
Level 7

TCL Roku TV

If this is a dumb question I apologize, is there a conflict with having 2 Roku TV's in the same house, I understand the remotes are wi-fi. Do they have an address assigned to that TV?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: TCL Roku TV

Not a dumb question, but not a problem. Even if the remotes are on the same frequency they are still paired with the corresponding player.I have 3 Roku players thoughout the house, and sometimes I plug in my Stick as well. That makes four, and I've never encountered any remote issues. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 10

I don't think any of the TVs use a WiFi remote. They're all IR.
0 Kudos
PhiloEng
Level 7

Our TCL RokuTV (TCL model 28S3750, Roku model 5119X) has an IR remote that consistently controls other roku devices that were never paired with it so we use the Roku mobile app instead.
0 Kudos
Ryan_McGowan
Level 7

"PhiloEng" wrote:
Our TCL RokuTV (TCL model 28S3750, Roku model 5119X) has an IR remote that consistently controls other roku devices that were never paired with it so we use the Roku mobile app instead.

Good to know, I'll give it a try.
0 Kudos
ipedrow
Level 8

That's correct, Roku TV controls are infrared IR, I have 2 TV and the controls can be used on any of them. But they're not wireless
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 11

"ipedrow" wrote:
That's correct, Roku TV controls are infrared IR, I have 2 TV and the controls can be used on any of them. But they're not wireless

TCL Roku TV 55P607 uses a Wifi remote. The 55P605 comes with an IR remote. But, even then you can purchase a Wifi remote separately and pair it to the P605. Both sets have IR sensors. For P607 this is probably for ON/OFF and then Wifi is used for other commands.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"blade_005" wrote:
"ipedrow" wrote:

TCL Roku TV 55P607 uses a Wifi remote. The 55P605 comes with an IR remote. But, even then you can purchase a Wifi remote separately and pair it to the P605. Both sets have IR sensors. For P607 this is probably for ON/OFF and then Wifi is used for other commands.

My Samsung JU7100 is like this (obviously, not a Roku TV). It uses IR for the power button, but Bluetooth for all other functions. And it's a pain in the behind, often losing pairing for no reason.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos