Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoozBear13

Why won't my TCL Roku TV turn on?

Jump to solution

[personal information removed]

I have a TCL flat screen Roku TV. We were looking at it and it turned off on it own and would not come back on.  The only thing connected to my TV is cable.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV won't power on

Jump to solution

@BoozBear13 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend that you contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@BoozBear13 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend that you contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lava11

Jump to solution

What do I do to fix it

0 Kudos
MrPiRaTe28
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did you find a solution to your problem? Same thing happened to my TV., was working great one minute and then just died !!

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@MrPiRaTe28 , Your tv should have a pinhole reset button. People report using this in different ways. Your tv's manual should instruct how to use it. (You can google for the tv make/model to find the manual). You might unplug the tv, hold the power button 20 seconds to discharge residual electricity. Plug the tv in, press and hold the reset button until the front light flashes or dims (10-20 seconds.). This is where your manual would explain what to do. Some people hold it while plugging the tv in (and said that made a difference).

If the hardware reset doesn't put you back to the initial setup screen, it's probably a hardware error. There are youtube videos showing how to repair these tvs. Apparently it's just 5 boards that can be purchased on amazon/ebay (or Alibaba, I don't know). 

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
booster94
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yep, just had the same experience.  TV was working fine on Sunday...didn't use it for a couple days....Thursday it's completely dead.  Now I'm having to wait 7-10 days for warranty support parts replacement.  A new power supply I assume.

MrPiRaTe28
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So I got my power supply board from eBay.  Was easier than I thought.  Just replaced the board and it’s like new again.  

0 Kudos
booster94
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You would think a power supply would last longer than the 3 months that mine did.  Now I have to unmount my TV, take off all the moutning bracket, Clip all the cable ties only to hve to redo everything all over again.  My plasma is 13 years old and I've never had an issue with it, so I find this super frustrasting.  .  Not to mention if they replace the board I have to spend time signing into all the apps again.  Its nice that its a warrantly parts replacement, but still doesn't prevent it from being a huge hassle.  Glad to hear yours is working as expected again though.

0 Kudos
MrPiRaTe28
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Totally agree.  TVs used to last forever.  

About reinstalling apps - I didn’t need to. I guess when you replace the power boards only, the apps etc are all saved.  At least that’s how it was in my case.  

Best of luck. 

0 Kudos
booster94
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Okay that good to know.  I don't know that much about the boards of a TV, but I'm thinking of it more like a computer where there is a power supply and a motherboard, and while I'm sure the power supply is shot, how do they know the main board didn't get fried in the process?  How do they even know what parts to send out the technician?  Anyway, my thought about the apps was assuming the main board had to get replaced I assume those logins would go in that case, but I guess if there are seperate power boards maybe that will be all that is needed.

0 Kudos