Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCL Roku TV stuck at red startup screen

I have a TCL Roku TV (Model A105X). A couple nights ago, the TV just turned itself on and got stuck in the red startup screen. It sits there for a bunch of seconds then reboots only to end up in the same screen, and repeats forever. 

I have tried a bunch of things. The factory reset button has worked a couple of times, but obviously annoying since you have to setup the TV from scratch. Also, this was only a temporary solution since the problem reappeared. My suspicion is that it's a software problem - it seems to get stuck whenever I tried to update the software manually. Since last night, even the factory reset won't help because when setting up the TV from scratch it downloads a new update and restarts and gets stuck in the startup screen. 

Any ideas for how to fix this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV stuck at red startup screen

@tclquestion

Thanks for the post.

What you are experiencing may be related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 
You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos