Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hazy
Level 7

TCL Roku TV remote keeps going to Sling App

My TCL 55" Roku TV was having issues where it would go directly to Sling App and it would never leave the loading screen.

What I did do to fix it? I had to remove the batteries from the Roku remote. Apparently the remote is continually sending inputs to the TV and causing it to be software locked.

For now I'm using the remote app on my android phone. This is a bad problem to have and my fear is that any replacement remote I would get would also have the same problem.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TCL Roku TV remote keeps going to Sling App

@hazy 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
sph976
Level 7

I am having the same exact issue. Thank you for posting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sph976
Level 7

I too am having the issue of the Sling app constantly wanting to be turned on. I don't have a subscription to Sling, either. I can't get through much of a show without being interrupted non-stop from it going over to Sling. Why is this occurring? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Is there a Slingtv key on your roku remote and is in a place where you might keep hitting it?

Edmund
0 Kudos