Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thiplf
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku TV rebooting randomly and getting stuck on Splash Screen

My TCL Roku TV model 55R625 has been rebooting randomly and getting stuck on the red TCL Roku TV splash screen. It shuts down very randomly, sometimes it happens on apps, other times playing videogames, and other times even on the main screen.

There are times the tv starts up without anyone close to it and gets stuck on the splash screen.

When it reboots, most of the time it gets stuck on the splash screen. Sometimes it resets by itself (going back to Choose your Language screen), sometimes it just gets back to the main screen, but most of the time I have to insist on resetting the TV by the side button until it gets to normal.

The issue can happen several times a day or the tv can be a week without the issue.

The issue has been happening since January 2022.

I tried to update the Roku tv using the USB drive, but the tv says it is using the most recent Roku version.

I saw on another topic how to open the Issue Report Tracker, and that is the information:

Model: A109X - Roku TV

Serial Number: X0030071RXET (S054Y991RXET)

Software version: 10.5.0 - build 4210-88

Timestamp: 2021-12-03T23:30:38Z

Please use issue ID ET-485-250 to report the issue

Can anyone help me? Does anyone face the same issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: TCL Roku TV rebooting randomly and getting stuck on Splash Screen

How old is the TV I might ask? If you bought it less than 12 months ago it’s under warranty. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @thiplf

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
thiplf
Reel Rookie

I bought it in 2020. It is not on warranty anymore.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@thiplf  unfortunately there’s not much you can do about it. Your out of warranty. You can ask the manufacturer since Roku doesn’t make TV’s. Contact TCL. See what they say. There are no more tv repairmen. Your best bet is just to probably buy a new one. You can try doing a factory reset and see if that helps at all

0 Kudos