Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
telise97
Level 7

TCL Roku TV randomly crashes and MAC address is all 0s and

I've had this tv for about 3 years and it's never given me a problem. For the past couple months, the MAC address has been randomly coming up as all 0s. When I called support they told me to factory reset the television when this happened. I did and it still wouldn't connect to my internet, so the woman I was talking to said it was a problem with my internet. Every other device in my apartment connects no problem, but I just said okay and stopped trying to connect it. Now, the tv has taken to just freezing and rebooting over and over again until I unplug it. If I leave it unplugged for a couple minutes, sometimes the freezing issue will stop for an hour or two, but then it starts again. I factory reset it again and it still freezes and restarts like that and the MAC address is back to being all 0s, even immediately after I reset it. Is there anything I can do besides just scrapping this one and buying a different tv that will actually work?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
renojim
Level 8

Re: TCL Roku TV randomly crashes and MAC address is all 0s and

Which TV is it? I vaguely remember something about a TV WiFi issue from a few years ago where adding a ground wire to the WiFi adapter helped.

Here it is: https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f ... re#p544447

-JT
0 Kudos