Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Irishnotsane
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku TV "USB device requires more power“ with no device ever being used

I have read the other title on this but it doesn’t answer my question as I’ve never even used the USB port and there is nothing inside it. The TV itself is really used anyway and this message just started appearing today and I can’t get ride of it. 

Labels (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: TCL Roku TV "USB device requires more power“ with no device ever being used

Roku doesn’t make TV’s. They sell the software to companies such as TCL. If your TV is under warranty I suggest to reach out to TCL. Have you restarted your TV? Have you tried a factory reset? Which model TCL is it? When did you purchase it?

Irishnotsane
Reel Rookie

Yes I’ve tried all that and no it’s not under warranty. It’s a 55” 4k series and we bought it in 2020

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Irishnotsane  Try doing a factory reset 

Irishnotsane
Reel Rookie

It didn’t help

Ello2022
Roku Guru

You did a complete factory reset? Then set your TV all back up? Unfortunately there maybe an internal failure 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Irishnotsane 

If you are still seeing this message, try placing a USB stick in the port and see if the message goes away. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

brandvegn

So I had this problem with a ONN TV. The solution was using a powerstrip which added a ground to the cord. No more message and the TV works great.

Realjb2
Reel Rookie

Fixed : DOUBLE CHECKED & FOUND THAT AN (HDMI 3 ARC) USB port had a dongle thing plugged in that I never used. I removed it and did a restart. The black banner message is gone! Had already checked for a grounded plug. Checked for updates on software. All systems go. Then did a restart from the home screen menu, and a message came up that a (HDMI 3 ARC) was not connected. Removed that, and now it works! 

0 Kudos
Realjb2
Reel Rookie

I went to the home menu and did SYSTEM RESET.

A screen came on saying(HDMI 3 ARC) I double checked and removed the USB and then the banner message disappeared! Fixed.

0 Kudos