Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV owners, are you happy with the system and support?

No I am not happy.  This tv is awful.  I have issues with lips not matching the sound and suddenly I have to check the subtitles on my phone because it doesn't work.  I reaearch issues and these same issues were problems a year and a half ago.  These issues only happen on my roku tcl tv.  They say it is Amazon. That is not an aproprite answer. 

Pawning off the matter on Amazon is horrible service.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sophistik4te said;

"I have issues with lips not matching the sound"

Sophistik4te That would be the broadband speed, Wifi, content, service or Roku, Not the actual TV issue, What were you watching? What service? Cable, netflix, hulu, Youtube tv, etc?

Could it possibly be the actual show or movie is messed up? I use closed Captioning and I get why the syncing is bothersome. Try this, Add plain youtube to the roku TV, When you see the syncing issue, pause it, go to youtube and watch a related clip from any show, if it is both out of sync, then it could be ROKU or TV, but if one works and one doesn't, then Roku and TV must be ruled out. It's a bit of troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I bought a 65" TCL Roku TV at Costco 11 months ago and I was happy with it up to the moment it died yesterday. After trying internet posted info (remove power and hold down power button for 60 seconds, then reconnect) I called Costco (who switched me to TCL in India) and spent some hours off and on the phone. In 7 to 10 days, a technician is supposed to get in touch with me for repairs.

I have Vizio and LG TVs and monitors that have been running for years without problems. I would not buy another TCL. I note that Costco seems to have stopped selling them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

TCL televisions are **bleep**. Look at the consumer reports and Better Business Bureau websites. They fail with the “blank screen” issue between 12 and 24 months after purchase. Literally 1,000’s of identical complaints on those sites and Reddit. Buy any other TV and you will have better luck. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Some series do better than others  Re:TCL Roku TV owners, are you happy with the system and support?

I own 55" TCL 55R613 and it has had no issues so far, I bought last year. It was ranked as one of the best models after spending hours doing research at rtings.com, I paid $399 at costco and overall it has been stable and good. I miss a couple of picture settings that used to be on my old Sony 1080p TV but overall it's been ok. I will rant a bit and say we should demand to go back to buying TV by manufacturers with smart integrations as simply a feature, not being the locked in core and controlling the settings menu.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Some series do better than others  Re:TCL Roku TV owners, are you happy with the system and supp

If you bought it last year it is probably too new for the super common “black screen” or backlight failure. These units (all series) tend to fail at 12 - 24 months after purchase. Even if it lasts 36 months that is still less than 30% of the expected usable life of an LED TV. Your $400 TV should last at least 10 years. 

Highlighted

Re: Some series do better than others  Re:TCL Roku TV owners, are you happy with the system and supp

it's planned obsolescence, Nothing lasts 10 years anymore, I hate it, but it is the truth, My last water heater barely lasted 6 yr. Not much we can do about it. They are all the same unless you want to pay 10x cost on commercial grade. Give me a solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

That is nonsense. You won’t find another TV manufacture with hundreds or thousands of identical complaints like TCL. And I’ve never had a TV nor do I know anyone who has ever had a TV that lasted less than 10 years other than people who have purchased a TCL television. Everyone replaces their television because the technology becomes outdated, not because it stops working. And even if they did, there’s no way any other television manufacturer consistently makes televisions that last less than 24 months.

Highlighted
Level 7

I have the exact same problem. It is not my router - that has been thoroughly checked out. My TCL Roku T.V. is the problem and, as others have noted, I am unable to get any real support from TCL or Roku. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Over all I'm happy with my 6 TCL TVs. I own a 32 inch S series, a 55 inch S Series, 55 inch P series from 2017. I have a 55 inch 6 series from 2018, a 75 inch 6 series from 2019, and a 65 inch 8 series from 2019. If one were to break down I would be as pissed as anyone would be. However nowhere near as pissed as I was when my $4000 Sony broke after 4 years.

0 Kudos