Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: TCL Roku TV owners, are you happy with the system and support?

Roku has figured out a way to sell their product without having customer support. If you are having issues or questions about their products, good luck. They list a few categories you can pick from for problems you may be having, if it's not listed there, too bad. Sometimes I want to speak to a live person.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

NO, I'm coming from a TV where all the picture, audio settings were built into the TV menu, This system of having to use some settings on TV, some on app is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

sorry, but streaming services are quite different than cable. You choose by video on demand not by channel number. You need to use Roku remote, pick app, then choose video or view a live guide to navigate. If you have an antenna hooked up, choose antenna, if you have cable, choose hdmi 1, Hdmi 2, Whatever number that your cable box is attached to..

Please reply with details of your setup, Do you have cable, Antenna, Have you Subscribed to a streaming service yet like Sling TV, Youtube TV, Hulu, Philo?? Having roku doesn't give you free cable TV, you still have to pay for a streaming service. There are free services like Pluto TV, but it is not real cable networks or locals.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am a JVC owner and I couldn’t be less happy with my system. The sound quality is terrible it drops out repeatedly on a regular basis. And Roku has created a racket which means that I can’t buy any speaker for this television other than the Roku speakers which are four times the price of normal speakers and have terrible reviews. Do you not buy any Roku TV!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Used mostly Amazon Fire TV product in past.  Decided to try Roku based on past feedback.  Disappointed with Roku.  There is no customer service or support other than community postings.  The technology doesn't work well with YouTube TV as despite very strong WIFI, I experience long delays with black screen before programs will play.  Also I just discovered there is no support for playing Facebook videos -  my church is streaming using FB due to COVID19.  I thought Roku was advanced technology, but alas it is not.  I'm thinking of going back to Amazon and selling or giving away the Roku.  I still have one Amazon fire tv box, and I have no problems with it. 

@mc510 wrote:
Both my tv and my Roku are old and ready to be replaced and it's crossed my mind to get a TCL Roku TV -- seems like a great system, and a great value on a great TV. But I'm a little concerned about Roku's habit of pushing out insufficiently tested system updates, at least as has been my experience with my standalone Roku box. Do you feel that both Roku and TCL are committed to keeping TVs working well over the years, or are they going to start pointing the finger at each other, or just stop paying any attention at all to problems that might come up with TVs that are three, five, seven years old? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

No, I would not buy a TCL product ever again! They have terrible customer service and I'm always having issues with their product.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I think Roku tv sucks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I got a Roku stick 4K and a fire stick 4K for the same exact price and the fire stick blows it out of the water in every aspect. Integrated WiFi is dramatically better, remote makes Roku’s seem like a **bleep**ty toy. I was so unimpressed with the rokus feel and inaccessibility that I literally returned it and bought another fire stick. They’re literally a joke as a comparison and at the same price.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Justg1997 wrote:

I got a Roku stick 4K and a fire stick 4K for the same exact price and the fire stick blows it out of the water in every aspect. Integrated WiFi is dramatically better, remote makes Roku’s seem like a **bleep**ty toy. I was so unimpressed with the rokus feel and inaccessibility that I literally returned it and bought another fire stick. They’re literally a joke as a comparison and at the same price.

This is specifically about TLC ROKU Integrated smart TV's,
NOT devices like sticks or boxes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Don't buy TCL they are **bleep**... Had my tv for a yr and a half and already replaced the backlight and now the sound board is going and needs fixed again. Never again am I buying your garbage TCL #tclcansuckit

0 Kudos