Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: TCL Roku TV owners, are you happy with the system and support?

I don't think it is my Smart Tv as I have friends who are having the same issues with Live feeds dropping while using the stand alone Roku.   and how can I check on a possible router issue, I have 25 meg download  internet  here
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

For the prices I paid for the 4 I have, it's a great bang for buck.  Would I be happy if they were name brand and probably double the price, probably not "as" happy.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

"twiceover" wrote:
For the prices I paid for the 4 I have, it's a great bang for buck.  Would I be happy if they were name brand and probably double the price, probably not "as" happy.

Very few "name brand" TV's are actually name brand these days..

https://www.consumerreports.org/lcd-led ... they-seem/
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

"jeffrok" wrote:
"twiceover" wrote:

Very few "name brand" TV's are actually name brand these days..

https://www.consumerreports.org/lcd-led ... they-seem/

Exactly my point.  If I got this same quality of TV but with Sony branding and Sony pricing, I wouldn't be happy.  But $280 for a 55" 4K, yeah not much I can complain about there.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

I recently got a 32 inch TCL Roku tv and really like it, I also got a Sceptre 32 inch a couple of years ago in the same price range and the picture on the TCL is much better, kind of odd since I'm pretty sure they both use the same display. Usually agree with DubTaylor about keeping the "smart" and the "television" separate and I'm sure there will come a day when Roku stops the updates and the tv still works fine, but at this price point I just don't mind too much, wouldn't get an expensive combo tv though, at least not yet.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I am posting this comment because I want Roku to get a few simple messages. What good is this TV or device if you can't go online, don't see why you can't do it as they say it will stream  Hulu and Netflix etc., so what is the problem and you can't go to next channel with numbers, wow, seems like that is an important feature, so many more needed additions to an update, but first, get an internet browser, PULLLLEEEEZE!
Highlighted
Level 21

"psongman" wrote:
I am posting this comment because I want Roku to get a few simple messages. What good is this TV or device if you can't go online, don't see why you can't do it as they say it will stream  Hulu and Netflix etc., so what is the problem and you can't go to next channel with numbers, wow, seems like that is an important feature, so many more needed additions to an update, but first, get an internet browser, PULLLLEEEEZE!

Roku has never been designed as a web browsing device, and I can't see any good reason for it to do so. My Samsung TV has a web browser, and it's miserable to attempt to use it. Stick with a computer, phone or tablet if you want to browse the Internet. A Roku would be a terrible web browser. As far as having a method of direct entering channel numbers, I'm with you there. My Samsung has an on-screen numeric keypad if I want to go straight to a channel. Roku needs to add one. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

If you just plug your cable box into your Roku TV with an HDMI you then can control the channel selection in any manner. We have Direct TV and continue to use their remote without missing a beat.You then have the best of both worlds.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am unhappy with three things: first, no channel numbers so you have to go to search each time to tune to a channel such as lifetime. I use directTV now and that would be extremely helpful. Just assign numbers to all channel offerings on the services to make it easier to go from one to the next.

Second, the DVR--- weirdly outdated. Cannot DVR a show while playing it, you have to present to record before the show starts. And recorded programs sometimes simply disappear from the list... where do they go?... before they are played. DVR should enable "backup" for a limited time such as 30 mins while watching any show.

Finally, the system audio and video frequently get out of sync, requiring system restart. Presumably there are time markers on each stream that should keep them linked, but they are frequently out of whack. Why?

These issues are creating family friction and pressure to return to the core. But I will not give in... for now!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

"Dbcomer1" wrote:
I am unhappy with three things: first, no channel numbers so you have to go to search each time to tune to a channel such as lifetime. I use directTV now and that would be extremely helpful. Just assign numbers to all channel offerings on the services to make it easier to go from one to the next.

Second, the DVR--- weirdly outdated. Cannot DVR a show while playing it, you have to present to record before the show starts. And recorded programs sometimes simply disappear from the list... where do they go?... before they are played. DVR should enable "backup" for a limited time such as 30 mins while watching any show.

Finally, the system audio and video frequently get out of sync, requiring system restart. Presumably there are time markers on each stream that should keep them linked, but they are frequently out of whack. Why?

These issues are creating family friction and pressure to return to the core. But I will not give in... for now!

Sounds like you're complaining more about a channel (DirecTV Now) instead of the actual Roku TV. I think the op was asking about the TV itself.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos