Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peeyalk
Level 7

TCL Roku TV not finding any satellite/cable channels in Japan

Anyone using Roku TV in Japan?

So recently I bought a TCL S625 Roku TV from Amazon.com and got it imported to Japan. Please don't ask me why I bought a Roku outside the US. There were reasons. And I am already regret it. 

Anyways  the problem now is I am unable to watch any satellite/cable TV even though I have connected the the coaxial cable. 

It would be really helpful if some one knows what to do now. As I am a foreigner living in Japan I don't know what to ask and how to ask. Though I asked my landlord, he said there is a cable connection of TV Tokyo. Others in the same building are also using the same connection.. But when I scan for channels it says no channels found.. Smiley Sad

I should have bought a brick. :'(

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: TCL Roku TV not finding any satellite/cable channels in Japan

I would guess the RokuTV doesn't support whatever DTV standard they use in Japan.  Doesn't the cable/satellite company offer a box that connects to the coax and has an HDMI output?

-JT

0 Kudos
Peeyalk
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV not finding any satellite/cable channels in Japan

No. I just have a coaxial cable connection coming from the wall. There might be some central box.. 

0 Kudos