Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rhondams1
Level 7

TCL Roku TV not connecting to new ATT fiber wifi

Just moved and we switched from Xfinity Comcast to ATT fiber for our internet provider.  All our devices are connecting except for our TCL Roku tv. We have done the factory reset and an update. It sees the WiFi   It will not connect to it.   What’s the next step?  
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: TCL Roku TV not connecting to new ATT fiber wifi

Does your wireless password contain any non-alphanumeric characters? Like ! or $ or @? If so, that might be the issue. Change the password to something with just letters and numbers. Naturally, you'll have to reset all your other wireless devices with the new password as well.
If that's not it, then I can't offer any other suggestion, as I don't have any TCL products. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

Re: TCL Roku TV not connecting to new ATT fiber wifi

"atc98092" wrote:
Does your wireless password contain any non-alphanumeric characters? Like ! or $ or @? If so, that might be the issue. Change the password to something with just letters and numbers. Naturally, you'll have to reset all your other wireless devices with the new password as well.
If that's not it, then I can't offer any other suggestion, as I don't have any TCL products. 

Special characters probably isn't the problem, as my two TCL Roku TVs have no problems with those.
0 Kudos