Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caunder86
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV loses sound

Jump to solution

i dont have the tv for people just blaming the tv or faulty tv, i have an external roku, and it does this too, watching a movie fine, then i change to another app or even another channel in hulu....and guess what. THE SOUND GOES OUT.... have to unplug the roku completely to get it to start back properly.... anyone with any hint on fix email me... caunder86@outlook.com

0 Kudos
mary451
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello - Thank you. I had to do the opposite and turn "leveling" on. There is sound!!!! Thank you.

0 Kudos
4kudzu
Level 7

Jump to solution

This worked for me. Thanks.

0 Kudos
mitzie
Level 7

Roku TV No sound

Jump to solution

Thought my old TV was going out. Sound keeps going out, been happening off and on for a week and lasts for hours. Switched the external speakers, tried no speakers changed cables and BOUGHT a new TV. Then lo and behold, I checked the WEB and there are ALOT of people with the same problem. Started happening recently like me. I'ts the ROKU thats the problem. Now what do we do?

0 Kudos
Korosenai
Level 7

Jump to solution

That’s my problem my wife put it on leaving and it worked great for a long time and out of no where it started acting up then the volume went out and atays gone now if I turn it off it works again and when I go back to leaving it works for a minute then stops again so I had to turn the leaving off why is this happening 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

@mitzie 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
privacy
Level 8

Re: TCL Roku TV loses sound easily FIXED!!

Jump to solution

Thanks to user TeeJaymac for the fix to NO SOUND. The Sound Leveling setting was on. After turning it off the TV speaker sound came back on. Why in the world would it make the TV speaker sound go off? I about lost my mind trying to troubleshoot it, using headphones and external speakers which had sound. Roku needs to make an updated patch to fix the leveling sound option.

0 Kudos
Ljr51974
Level 8

Jump to solution

Have you had any good responses?  I keep seeing to turn off leveling but I cannot for the life of me find where to turn this off. I hit the * key but all I see is sound mode and leveling is not an option. I have looked everywhere for leveling. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
privacy
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Ljr51974, After you select the star on remote for Options, a menu opens, then scroll down to VOLUME MODE. That is where leveling is turned off or on. I hope it is fixed for you.

0 Kudos
privacy
Level 8

Jump to solution

keep scrolling past SOUND MODE, down to VOLUME MODE, then select it to turn off leveling. Must have been a bad update that screwed the volume up since it just happened. I have had no problems prior to this.

0 Kudos