Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vonne8857
Level 7

TCL Roku TV flashing like camera

Every night about 30 minutes after my TV has been turned off I hear a quiet but high pitched squeal followed by two very bright flashes. It will light up my entire room like a camera flash would. I have had the TV for nearly 3 years and it just recently started. I'm clueless as to what's going on.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scottypie1234
Level 10

Re: TCL Roku TV flashing like camera

You'll need to contact TCL support. Here's a link.
0 Kudos
Spincycle2012
Level 7

My TCF Roku tv is also flashing like a camera when turned off and only noticed at night. It lights up my entire bedroom and has me fairly weirded out. For all the world it is EXACTLY like a camera flash IN MY BEDROOM. It never happened for the first year I owned it and was away from home for nearly a year. I am EXTREMELY creeped out. I would love to hear any salient feedback re the issue. It seems spying on someone with a deliberate camera flash at night to be the worst possible way to go about something like that but it is EXACTLY LIKE A CAMERA FLASH AND I MEAN EXACTLY. It’s effing weird. Obviously most anyone spying wouldn’t want to give a heads up with a bright flash at night but I mean **bleep**, with all the NESThome security system intrusions I’m a little more concerned about random hacking. I realize my model of tv is supposed to have no camera or video capability but I take that to be absolutely true not one bit. It’s such a random event that I only once got a direct view of it as it happened. For the last month or so I was certain it was coming from outside my house, perhaps from a plane or helicopter flying nearby on a predefined flight path but that is not the case. It came from the tv itself but I couldn’t see from where on it. I have no squeal or sound of any kind unlike the other poster. In the settings I have the standby light disabled. It happens five or more times a week. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Spincycle2012

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos