Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helpmeplzkthx
Level 7

TCL Roku TV dropping WiFi constantly when using only Hulu

Weird problem started last week: While watching Hulu on my TCL Roku tv, the wireless will drop from the TV and I have to reset the wireless router to have the TV reconnect. (I use my phone as a remote so I can’t manually back out of the apps because the TV is dropped from my app remote, too.) This doesn’t happen with other apps like Amazon Prime or Netflix, just Hulu. The TV sits next to the WiFi router (Connection is fine), no other devices are losing WiFi connection, and my living room TCL Roku tv plays all apps fine and never drops connection despite it being much further away from the router.

help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Rkublowsduck
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV dropping WiFi constantly when using only Hulu

Mine is doing the same. I have fast, high speed internet and other devices connected with no issues. Tried resetting router, rebooting everything and nothing has worked. I'm ready to buy another device and bypass the Roku completely.

0 Kudos
verber10
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV dropping WiFi constantly when using only Hulu

Mine is doing the same thing. But now other apps are dropping out now too. You Tube and Nexflix are the latest ones. Is there a reason for it happening. I don't have to reset my wifi I just turn that app back on.

0 Kudos