Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCL Roku TV audio issues

All audio when it reaches a certain level/pitch (For example someone on screen yells or talks loudly) the speakers emit a raspy sound after sort of like a blown speaker.

I never watch anything past volume level: 25 on my TV and it can go up to 100 so I don't know how the speaker would have been blown.

Can anybody help me on this, or is this normal for these TV's??? 
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DubTaylor
Level 10

Re: TCL Roku TV audio issues

It's normal for all new TV Speakers to sound like crap. Most people plan on using something (anything) else from day one. I mean how much high end fidelity are you getting out of your Cell Phone speaker? Expect similar service from modern TV Speakers.

I use a Cheapo set of Desktop Speakers with the woofer (40 bucks at Amazon) plugged into the headphone jack and that setup is 1000% better than the provided TV speakers.

You could return the unit in the hopes that the next one sounds a bit better, but my advice is that sound you're hearing is a just a reminder that you need some auxiliary audio equipment. When you acquire this equipment, if you discover the same sound, keep the audio equipment and return the TV. Whatever you get in replacement is going to need that audio equipment.
0 Kudos

Re: TCL Roku TV audio issues

"DubTaylor" wrote:
It's normal for all new TV Speakers to sound like crap. Most people plan on using something (anything) else from day one. I mean how much high end fidelity are you getting out of your Cell Phone speaker? Expect similar service from modern TV Speakers.

I use a Cheapo set of Desktop Speakers with the woofer (40 bucks at Amazon) plugged into the headphone jack and that setup is 1000% better than the provided TV speakers.

You could return the unit in the hopes that the next one sounds a bit better, but my advice is that sound you're hearing is a just a reminder that you need some auxiliary audio equipment. When you acquire this equipment, if you discover the same sound, keep the audio equipment and return the TV. Whatever you get in replacement is going to need that audio equipment.

I don't remember the audio being like this until a week ago. Could it possibly be dust buildup in the speakers causing it to sound horrible?
 Maybe I just didn't notice but yeah I guess your right, I will have to buy a sound bar or speakers.
0 Kudos