Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nucahx

Re: TCL Roku TV and Netflix Buffering

Jump to solution

Same issue 2 Roku devices 1 TV 1 Ultra.  All other streaming apps work without issue.

0 Kudos
perryhopeless
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How about an update @RokuTannerD ?

0 Kudos
amnporter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD, I agree with the comment above. This issue isn't solved for 95% of this thread. Since this is the only app affected, it's clearly an update by Roku or Netflix causing this. Maybe you can provide details to rolling back a version of each to see if we can determine the cause and/or provide a list of recent releases and dates to correlate?

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for continuing to share your experiences. We will continue to share these examples with the channel provider to help investigate. 

If all other channels on your device are working normally, and only this channel is affected, it's possible that there is a service issue in the channel's content delivery systems that is causing the behavior you are seeing. I would highly recommend continuing to follow up directly with the channel provider's support team to inquire further and request any status updates that they may be able to provide. I will keep sharing any further updates that I hear, or reach out if we have any additional questions in the meantime. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Derodicus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD wrote:

Thanks for continuing to share your experiences. We will continue to share these examples with the channel provider to help investigate. 

If all other channels on your device are working normally, and only this channel is affected, it's possible that there is a service issue in the channel's content delivery systems that is causing the behavior you are seeing. I would highly recommend continuing to follow up directly with the channel provider's support team to inquire further and request any status updates that they may be able to provide. I will keep sharing any further updates that I hear, or reach out if we have any additional questions in the meantime. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Since Roku is the only streaming device that seems to be effected by this issue it seems like an issue that Roku and Netflix need to coordinate with on resolving.  I've contacted Netflix concerning this and they've said that the problem lies with the streaming device and not them.  You're saying to contact them.  It seems likely that there is an issue with the Netflix app written for Roku but not on a wide scale basis considering that Netflix is the top streaming service and Roku is one of if not the biggest streaming device manufacturer.  Hopefully with as much information that's been provided in the user posts a commonality can be found but users are at their wits end and are now dependent on Roku / Netflix to resolve the issue.

If there's any additional information that I or any of the other users on the forum can provide we will be glad to do so.

0 Kudos
perryhopeless
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

110% agree. Everyone in this thread who has tried to "follow up directly with the channel provider's support team" has just been bad tier-1 support and redirected to either roku, tcl, or their ISP.

Surely you can acknowledge there is a problem here and it would be in Roku's best interest to work with Netflix to fix it. But you won't even say the provider's name "Netflix", you just say channel provider.

To your credit, at least Roku has this forum and employees responding to it. The only path we have with Netflix is to call their tech support and based on everything that I've read in this thread, that has never gotten beyond tier-1 scripted troubleshooting.

We need you to advocate for us to Netflix! To paraphrase a certain rebellious princess, Help us @RokuTannerD. You're our only hope.

@Derodicus wrote:

Since Roku is the only streaming device that seems to be effected by this issue it seems like an issue that Roku and Netflix need to coordinate with on resolving.  I've contacted Netflix concerning this and they've said that the problem lies with the streaming device and not them.  You're saying to contact them.  It seems likely that there is an issue with the Netflix app written for Roku but not on a wide scale basis considering that Netflix is the top streaming service and Roku is one of if not the biggest streaming device manufacturer.  Hopefully with as much information that's been provided in the user posts a commonality can be found but users are at their wits end and are now dependent on Roku / Netflix to resolve the issue.

If there's any additional information that I or any of the other users on the forum can provide we will be glad to do so.

0 Kudos
Scruyffydog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Why cant roku or Tcl just roll back the update that occured the 3rd week of Jan.   and get us all back up and running?

0 Kudos
JD2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am not sure if I am posting this question in the right spot, however this was the topic I wanted to add to so that I could be notified if there was a fix. I too have a Roku TCL TV, multiple actually, and they have all been great for the nine or so months we have had them. Up until about a week and a half ago, when suddenly  Netflix started to constantly buffer, multiple times during a show. I thought maybe it was just the title and tried different shows within Netflix, however, they all do the same thing. This does not happen in my Hulu, Amazon prime, YouTube, Disney+ streaming channels. I have spent hours digging into this topic thinking it might be my router, I have updated firmware unplugged and plugged, uninstalled, deleted and installed,  you name it I’ve done it troubleshooting wise. Glad I came across this topic, I wanted to contribute that I too am having this issue and hopefully I will be contacted when this topic is updated with a possible fixed soon. Cannot enjoy any of my shows on Netflix now, it is too frustrating to have it load every 10 minutes. Thanks 

0 Kudos
wolverine989
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having an identical issue except it’s the Spectrum TV app that is continually buffering. I have tried all of the same steps; updating the firmware on my Orbi WiFi, resetting TV, system updates, deleting and reinstalling the app and I have replaced the cable modem; no effect. It’s also the same that all of the other TV apps like Amazon and Hulu are working fine. I don’t have a Netflix so I can test it.

0 Kudos
Scruyffydog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am noticing that several of us have orbi wifi mesh systems and or spectrum internet?   How many of you have orbi and spectrum?

0 Kudos