Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cjtuthill
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku TV and Netflix Buffering

Jump to solution

The Netflix app on my tcl roku tv is the only app that won't work properly. It lags horribly and freezes, sometimes causing the tv to reboot. Why can't this be resolved? It should not be up to the user to check routers and so forth when every other app works fine. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Cjtuthill 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cjtuthill
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have tried this and it clears the problem up temporarily. In a day or two it happens again. It's frustrating to have this happen over and over. No other app is giving me issues.

0 Kudos
Cjtuthill
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This problem has happened every single day for the past week since I posted this. Reinstalling the app doesn't work. I guess roku is not interested in fixing this. I just won't ever purchase another roku product since this has been reported for years and the company is uninterested in fixing it. 

Price1

Jump to solution

I have the same issues. Netflix works on my other tv’s in the house just quit working several weeks ago on my TLC Roku 4K hdr tv. Why is this problem all of a sudden when it worked perfectly fine before. I’ve tried everything checked my internet, Netflix they all say it is TLC issue.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Price1

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us specifically what happens when you access Netflix on your Roku TV? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
NancyD1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We have two Roku's in the house.  Roku model 3900K worked for about 6 months, then started buffering Netflix, stopping, starting, freezing, every single day.

Upstairs there is an old Roku 3 which brings Netflix in perfectly.

Anyone from Roku care to comment?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @NancyD1,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

More than happy to help. Does the issue only occur on this specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Aside from the freezing issue, do you receive an error code or message? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

See this article for some common tips and tricks to resolve the issue: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Keep us posted on what you find out! 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos