Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dustinw82
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL Roku TV and Netflix Buffering

Jump to solution

Actually, it’s not a surprise at all. It’s typical terrible customer service/support. They don’t have the knowledge to figure anything out so they just read their script. The two companies will blame each other until one of them stumble across a solution and releases an update at their convenience. 

0 Kudos
Flonner
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yup!  When I first started having the issue and contacted TCL they told me to contact Roku, as you can see from the Roku community manager in this thread, he says to contact TCL...  After a follow up email with TCL they told me I should contact Netflix... After I called out TCL on their **bleep**ty customer service I said that maybe they should contact Netflix and Roku and try to come up with a solution to a problem that directly impacts their products instead of expecting a customer to do the legwork for them; they sent me a follow up email that was significantly less "cut and paste".  That said the follow up email was once again a cut and paste job.  Hopefully I'll hear back from them again on Monday with something more positive.

0 Kudos
BPieseski
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So the "Fix" only lasted about an hour (almost an episode of 'The Witcher') and then came back with a vengeance.  TCL is still incapable of offering any solution that isn't printed on the script.  Back to watching on another tv.

0 Kudos
perryhopeless
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

SAME! SO FRUSTRATING!

0 Kudos
amnporter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue with series 5 TCL software ver 9.2.0, Roku TV ver 7118x.

Netflix app ver 4.2, build 81178053.

0 Kudos
Derjuden

Jump to solution

Having worked in support and it as long as I have this is likely an issue with the roku favor of Netflix so the problem is really with roku.  I have Samsung and lg TVs in my house and never have this issue. And like many of you noticed this issue about 2 weeks ago.  All the TVs are on the same wifi no connection bandwidth issues on any.  Maybe someone at roku will see this and bring this up to there developers to fix this soon.

0 Kudos
Scruyffydog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same problem as everyone else.  started on Jan 24 2020.  3 2019 tcl tvs in our house.   if there is not a fix by tuesday moring they are going back to costco.    Bougt a Firestick 4k on amazon on sale for $25.  just so We can watch Netflix on our main TV.

Tv's had worked great over the past 6 months!

0 Kudos
perryhopeless
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update: On my second attempt at chatting with netflix support about this, I was told that the research team "is aware of increased reports of problems with netflix hanging"

Not much, but its something?

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing the reports here. These notes have been added to an old topic post from the Community where a user was exhibiting a similar issue. This is not something that we were aware of, but I've passed your reports along to the team who is investigating this issue alongside the channel provider. 

A couple questions to help clarify the behavior you are seeing, if you didn't already include these details in your report: 

- What is the specific model of Roku TV you are experiencing the issue with fromSettings>System>About? ( i.e. C103X, 7118X, etc.) 

- Does the same issue with buffering behavior occur in other streaming channels on your device, such as YouTube, Hulu, Disney+ , etc.? 

- When did you first observe the issue? 

- Have you tried the following steps in order? 1. Remove the Netflix channel 2. Restart your Roku device from Settings>System>System restart 3. Install the Netflix channel again. 

- Have you contacted Netflix support to report the specific issue, and let them know your location and Internet Service Provider? It's possible that they are experiencing an issue in their content delivery systems that results in this behavior. 

- Are you using a mesh networking wireless router, such as an Orbi system? If so, does disabling the 'Armor' service/feature help resolve the buffering behavior issue for you? 

We'll continue to help pass this information along to the team as we continue to investigate this issue. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
amnporter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Uninstalling app / resetting TV / reinstalling app did not improve the situation. 

No other apps having this buffering issue. Also doesn't happen on my Roku Ultra.

0 Kudos