Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krokdile
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku TV and Netflix Buffering

Jump to solution

My TCL/ROKU television was having connection and buffering issue. Some apps such as Youtube was working but Netflix would buffer and hung up with error. The TV would indicate Network connection is working but there's no internet.

Solution is to check your router. Make sure port 5223, 20, 21 are working and not blocked.

0 Kudos
Geomoondog

Jump to solution

I have the same problem when using the Netflix app on the TCL.  The sound cuts out randomly and that makes it unwatchable for me.  Instead when I use Netflix, I use my Apple TV.  When you read this know that The support team of TCL is doing nothing about it and ignores you.  PLEASE GO MASSIVELY ON RETAIL SITES LIKE AMAZON and AND RATE THE TCLs!!  In my case, I gave the TCL a bad rating! and my next 2 tvs were another brand.

0 Kudos
krokdile
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This problem is due to updates. My TCL updated and audio was so bad I could only watch OTA. Unfortunately it's impossible to stop ROKU updates. ROKU is competing against content providers like Netflix and Amazon prime so they degrade the competition. 

BobG1

Jump to solution

Found Fix for TCL tv and Netflix. Add another Roku Player to HDMI and you will receive best picture on the Roku TCL tv.

R.P.Galan

0 Kudos
Rkipprn

Jump to solution

I too was having the same issue with my Westinghouse 4K ROKU TV. I couldn't get more than a few seconds into a program before Netflix and on Netflix buffered. 

When I called Westinghouse they had me ... while TV was on unplug from power source without turning off TV. Then pressing the power button for 20 seconds. 

After this I was instructed to plug TV back and and turn TV on, then access Netflix. 

So far this has resolved the issue. If it reverts back to buffering I will post a follow-up. Good luck and good bingeing. 

0 Kudos
mouthgravy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Why give ROKU more money?? I do not understand. They purposefully built a system architecture that would not work well or at all! I wish folks would understand how business works. They wanted you to buy more ROKU stuff! A $50 Amazon Firestick into the HDMI even without an ethernet extender and over WIFI works incredibly well, it is cheaper, has a much smaller profile (about twice the size of a thumb drive). If I were you refund the ROKU for a firestick.

0 Kudos
TXTCL

Jump to solution

Came across this post while searching for buffering issues with my new TCL/Roku 65R635 TV. 
Netflix works perfectly with no issues, but having buffering issues with Sundance and Showtime channels through the YouTube TV app. 
Anybody seeing similar issues?

0 Kudos
williamiam

Jump to solution

This sucks. Yea rj45 port and wifi capped at around 20mbps so can't watch YouTube 4k. 😞 know connection is good.. Plug in to laptop and get 940mbps as expected... 

0 Kudos
Jasrich

Jump to solution

Yes exactly the same issue trying to stream shows from Showtime via YTTV. I also have the problem streaming HBO and Netflix. This only happens when using the native TV apps. I don't have the problem with a Roku Ultra connected to the TV. 

0 Kudos
Sgoodell10

Jump to solution

I reset my tv and network info and now Netflix loads fine

0 Kudos