Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: TCL Roku TV and Netflix Buffering

@TheGalaxy wrote: I’ve had the TV since last November. Roku says nothing, TCL says nothing. 

Collusion tactics. They blame each other. However, if it's only 4-5 month old, why aren't you asserting a warranty claim with TCL? Did you try to, and they pointed the finger at Roku?

If that's the case, you should immediately inform TCL that you are asserting a warranty claim, and if they are denying responsibility for their warranty to you, you will file formal complaints with the FTC and your state's AG.

That's serious business. It's all fun and games when Roku blames TCL for out-of-warranty tvs breaking. But, if yours is in warranty, that's TCL's responsibility. They licensed Roku software and warranted it to work with that tv. Evading warranty responsibility is a very serious matter. You'll get some attention if you file formal complaints. (If they've previously given you the runaround, and caused you to wait 5 months for someone to tell you that's a problem, I would file formal regulatory complaints anyway. That's a problem, and caused you to lose 5 months of your warranty. I'd be demanding an extension. Every day of your warranty has a value to you -- and a liability to TCL. That's why people get the collusion tactics. Value out of your pocket, and into theirs.).

Good luck.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
SpideyBean

I continuously having an issue with Netflix app buffering on my TCL Roku tv. I have made sure the TV and App are up to date as well as unplugging the TV hoping it would work then. I got a new router which is Netgear, I even had Spectrum come out to the house, completely change out replace wires and run tests on the internet. This is the only app I have issues with and I have Disney+, Hulu, Amazon Prime etc. I have used tested my Netflix app on the tv and my IPhone at the same time and it will load right away on my phone, but not on the TV. After dealing with this for incredibly  too long today(03/17/21) I started Googling this issue and happened to come across this thread where others have reported this issue. So I now know that this issue has been ongoing for over a year. What is your actual FIX? NOT the lazy answers of “have you tried this?” 

Cjtuthill
Reel Rookie

It's gotten so bad that I don't bother trying to use Netflix on my Roku TV. I had to get a second television for my family room, and it was not Roku, I have no problems with any of the apps on that Toshiba amazon fire one. Maybe it will have other issues but I haven't not experienced any.

0 Kudos
Louchris0

Has anyone had a response re the audio cut out issue on netflix? This has started happening on both my Roku devices now, seems crazy that its not been fixed by now given the dates some people started reporting the issue.

0 Kudos
XDX
Reel Rookie

I'm no expert but it sounds like a memory issue on the TCL tv. Computers do the same thing when they don't have enough memory.

0 Kudos
TheGalaxy
Binge Watcher

My tv continues with its daily, glue up, volume doesn’t respond, freeze, shut down restart.

only a few times I’ve had the volume go crazy when I turn it on. It’s LOUD and you can’t change it unless you shut down and restart. Very few times this happened.

My brother in law bought the exact same TCL tv as mine because he saw how good the picture was. I did warn him about the issues.

He lasted about 3 weeks and returned it to Bestbuy.

He had the shut down thing a few times, not nearly as often as mine. His volume started switching to different settings on its own and being uncontrollable almost daily.

I gather a software update across the board will fix some and mess some up? Different hardware depending on when it was made? No idea. It’s too bad. The picture is great. The glitches are ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
XDX
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issues. TCL Rocky t.v. Volume freezes. Netflix loads really slow and won't load right IE. audio and video not synced. After reading through these posts and thinking about it I tried deleting most of the preinstalled apps. I have 11 left installed now. I've already noticed that Netflix and the tv both have better response and much faster buffering. I did unplug the tv so this may just be the temporary fix everyone has mentioned. Good luck since Roku and TCL don't seem to want to help. You would think that if they can get together to make a product they could get together to solve issues with said product instead of playing the blame game and pointng fingers at anyone else but themself? <facepalm>

0 Kudos
XDX
Reel Rookie

Jesus this website doesn't even work right with android. Just had to try submitting my comment 5 times before it took. Word to the wise. Copy your comment before attempting to submit. I spent 10 minutes looking up my tv stats and composing my comment just to have it lost in cyberspace and having to rewrite the whole thing on a phone keyboard. If I didn't want TCL and Roku to know how much they suck I would have given up. 

0 Kudos
Bfiskvt

It doesn't matter is isn't a modem issue its tlcs. I have xfinity here in the states specifically vermont and I constantly have had the same issue since the last tlc update. Dont go on a goose chase the problem is the software inside the TV. 

0 Kudos
Bfiskvt

On every other device it streams perfectly with zero buffering. My daughter has a roku rca tv and it has no issue either. Its only on tlcs that this is an issue which means the problem lies in the tlc tvs themselves. Personally after seeing this thread and them not give two **bleep**s I will not be buying another tlc and none of you should either. Pretty sure Walmart owns tlc. What a shocker 

0 Kudos