Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pd04737
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku TV and Netflix Buffering

Jump to solution

What build are you running?  I'm on the TCL 65Q825 with software version 9.3.0 (build 4182).

Netflix 5.1 (build 81188087)

Watched Altered Carbon and Space Force in Dolby Vision 4k with zero issues only after this last system update (previously unwatchable with audio cut outs).

0 Kudos
DeliriuM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I can confirm my 6-series TV updated to Roku 4182-88.  Netflix is still the same old version which is 5.1.81188087.  I will test it out tonight.  I only see the streaming issues at night when there's lots of internet congestion from everyone streaming.  It's usually solid during the day.  Very interested to find out if this was indeed a Roku issue since there was no update to Netflix....

0 Kudos
DeliriuM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I realize this is only ONE test but I was able to watch a whole episode of Ozark last night in Dolby Vision on Netflix on the TCL with 0 buffering issues!  First clean stream in a very long time on the TCL!!!!  So it looks like the ROKU OS update may have fixed things potentially!!!

0 Kudos
mouthgravy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku update fixed my stuff too.  Roku was hiding from this!!!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My Roku was a Christmas gift. 

It just started doing this **bleep** today- 6 months after the problem started. 

It can go straight in the trash where it belongs. 

0 Kudos
badenbaden

Jump to solution

Same problem - 

TCL 55S425

Roku 9.3.0 build 4182-93

Netflix 5.1.81188087

All other apps work fine, wireless connection is plenty fast, Netflix, if it will even run, sticks at 7% when trying to load any show. Connected laptop to TV and streamed on Netflix web page with zero problem.

Deleted Netflix app, reinstalled, unplugged TV, did a factory reset - tried it all.

This thread claimed it's solved but I assume it's still an issue for many?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same issue on a brand new 50 inch TCL Roku. Please push a software fix. These steps are intolerable,

0 Kudos
DeliriuM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My TCL Netflix continues to be rock solid after the recent Roku OS update.  I have seen one audio glitch but no more pauses.  Huge quality improvement.  For those with 6-series I would make sure you have the latest Roku OS.  That new version from last week did the trick for me.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

what OS version is it ?

0 Kudos
Jettymk4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The update helped mine, no more issues!!:) Roku tv A109x. Software 9.3.0

0 Kudos