Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jettymk4
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku TV and Netflix Buffering

Jump to solution

My tcl 6s is running that version also. The fire stick works tho! 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Just bough the 55” TCL 6 Series two weeks ago and it really struggles to stream 4K HDR content. The same titles that cause extended buffering and errors in the Roku Netflix app play perfectly fine via the PS4’s Netflix app. 

0 Kudos
mouthgravy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku, it is obvious that 1: This thread is one of if not your most prolific and voluminous topics that has been near the top of Discussions for 6 months. You keep wanting to blame everyone else? Why is that? Do you not want us to have what we purchased from you? 

It is obvious by lack of support you are providing here that you do not care about the product.  You are at this point being non accountable, little to no integrity as a business, and just being ignorant of the multiple people having issues that you are responsible for.  You have provided 0 help here. Guess what? I were to bet that for every one person that posts here there are an additional 20 at the least that have this problem if not hundreds that do not reach out who who are not technically savvy. 

You made an error, it is ok to admit it.. When I make mistakes I have the accountability and responsibility to my clients to take ownership of said mistakes, apologize and fix it to the best of my ability. Roku, you have shown no such responsibility or have not even pretended to share in this responsibility with the other partners involved.

For instance, the big questions remains: 1: Why are so many end users seeing multiple different Netflix versions on Roku? This is a Roku thing and it IS ROKU's  responsibility.  2: Why does the TV work great when other Streaming devices (firestick, xbox1, PS4) can stream in 4K but the Roku in the TV does not? Why have you refused to collaborate with the other parties you planted in the ROKU software? 

Again, TCL does onsite repair (did not fix the Roku issue), but they tried to help, ISP did a complete rewire and modem change needlessly, They tried to fix the Roku issue, but my set up  is blazing hot!! 1Gps.  It did not work but they tried to fix your issue. Netflix after several calls notated that there is a significant number of calls regarding the TCL 6 series. They tried to help. 

Is it to much to ask for Roku to help? They have been the only Party involved to refuse to help, Most likely I believe the reason is largely silent on this issue is that they are well aware of it but just do not care to do anything about it. Why Roku?

Thanks

Flonner
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am going to go out on a limb and take an educated guess as to why Roku is ignoring this issue.  They likely looked into it, realized how large the magnitude of the problem was.  Soon after did the math and the cost of fixing the issue was far greater than dealing with any potential legal costs of just ignoring it.  

At this point I just feel bad for anyone buying a Roku device that has this issue going forward.  As far as Roku goes I think they should be pretty ashamed of what they are doing.  This is not the way to treat customers.

0 Kudos
mouthgravy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Very likely and I suspect it so much, with the silence and or telling us it's someone else's fault but not theirs, that this perception for me has become fact. That was very well put and 99% accurate, thank you Flonner.

0 Kudos
maybetrythis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have had all of the same problems discussed throughout the thread.

I finally realized that my daughter who watches Netflix on the same TV did not have any problems and I believe it's bc she uses her own profile. For the last two nights, I watched my shows using her profile and lo and behold, viewing was flawless.

Give that a try and see if it works. If you only have one profile, I suggest you create a second or new one.

I would be curious to see whether this helps anyone else.

0 Kudos
aem
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

What firmware version are you running?

I just got a software update this morning, to build 4182-88.

30 minutes in and no buffering. I really hope the issue has been fixed.

0 Kudos
maybetrythis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I see the same Roku version: 4182-88 but I didn't check this number when I posted my profile revelation.

Netflix is 5.1 - build 81188087

Tonight I'll check and see if my old "broken" profile works again.

0 Kudos
Pd04737
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can confirm, the new system update completely fixes Dolby vision Netflix streams.  Regular 4k stream in Netflix were working fine prior to this update, only Dolby Vision shows were continuously buffering with audio cutout every 1-5 minutes.

Now everything works flawlessly, I'm extremely happy.  (Netflix app was not updated FWIW)

0 Kudos
charleyrich
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It did not fix it for me.  The Roku/TCL TV says my wired connection speed is 70MB while Netflix on the same TV reports 20MB.  Where did the 50 MB difference go?

0 Kudos