Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scruyffydog
Binge Watcher

Re: TCL Roku TV and Netflix Buffering

Jump to solution

ROKU,

Any updates on our problems with Netflix app on TCL TV’s? 

0 Kudos
JD2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am crossing my fingers and holding my breath but Netflix is working fine right now on my 55” sharp roku tv. This was my problem tv and I’m happy to report for two days there has been no buffering. 

0 Kudos
amnporter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've also been buffer free for about a week. Fingers crossed

0 Kudos
Dknox79
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Also happy to report that the buffering appears to have stopped.

0 Kudos
Scruyffydog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Did this start working today.  I’m at work but as of 7am est this morning it was still broken?

0 Kudos
jlittman
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

TCL 65s617 no buffering issues past 24 hrs.  TCL onboard Netflix app measured speed still low, 15-20 Mbps, when compared to the speed measured with the Netflix app on a Fire TV Stick 4K ( 111 Mbps, but I have no idea of the significance.)

jon

0 Kudos
Scruyffydog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My 3 TCL TV's are also working now and still reporting 15-23 Mbs speed

0 Kudos
mouthgravy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

For some reason my wired ethernet connection to my 55 inch TCL 6 series I only get a download speed of 17 to 18 mbps in the Netflix app? what is going on? am I not allowed to watch UHD with the TCL 6 series I just bought??

Oddly when I stream it through my xbox 1x my Bandwidth is over 200mbps on the netflix app.

Please fix

0 Kudos
mtsjtb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I can also confirm that the buffering has stopped as of the middle of last week. I noticed that my Netflix app build is from March 4, 2020. Nothing seems to have changed on the Roku software version, so I presume there was an issue with how the Netflix app was interacting with the Roku TV software on my TCL. It is strange that the Netflix app still shows relatively low connection speeds (between 20 Mbps and 30Mbps), but as far as I can tell the picture quality is still 4k / HDR for shows that offer it. 

0 Kudos
m_c_meyer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My own issue may have been related to my network setup.  I broke the mesh network and used a single router which I also factory reset and Netflix worked great.  Unfortunately this only lasted for a day.  I still have intermittent issues where the device seems to drop it's connection to the router, or the router loses access to the internet(not really sure if this is a TV issue or router issue).  Very frustrating when things worked really well for the last 18 months with this TV.

0 Kudos