Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlittman
Streaming Star

Re: TCL Roku TV and Netflix Buffering

Jump to solution

I was watching dolby vision programming.  Interestingly, the Netflix app still shows a download speed of 17 Mbps whereas the Roku app show 64 Mbps and fast,com at the ethernet cable used for my  TCL 65s617 measures abit over 100 Mbps.  I will watch abit more tonight and report findings in the am.

Jon

0 Kudos
jlittman
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I got a Roku update on Jan 28, 2020.

Jon

0 Kudos
Dachilli

Jump to solution

Same problem here on my TCL TV, Roku 2 and Roku stick. 100mBs internet speed, 15 mBs on Netflix. Have contacted TCL, Netflix and Roku. All I get is standard canned answers. Been using Roku devices for 15+ years.

Netflix works fine on my Amazon devices.

If this issue is not resolved soon, I will be discarding all my Roku devices and going with Amazon.

I cannot believe that they are so cavalier about this major problem. They must still think that they are the only game in town!

0 Kudos
jlittman
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Watched for hrs last night and no buffering.  TCL 65s217(ethernet), Orbi LAN, Arris 8163 modem, Spectrum 100Mbps service.  Anyone else seeing an improvement?

0 Kudos
pjduck
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@jlittman wrote:

Watched for hrs last night and no buffering.  TCL 65s217(ethernet), Orbi LAN, Arris 8163 modem, Spectrum 100Mbps service.  Anyone else seeing an improvement?

Nope. Zero improvement here. 

0 Kudos
jlittman
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The problem I have identifying the culprit to this issue is that I have been speaking with Spectrum, Roku, and Netflix frequently.  I have not seen any Roku updates since Jan 28.  my Netflix software version is 309.20e04502a_4.2.811179053.  There are a lot of other numbers such as ui build, platform version, netflix version, and esn which I have no idea about.  I will continue to watch and if anyone smarter than myself can help decipher any changes to my site, I would be happy to help.  Will keep my fingers crossed in the meantime.

0 Kudos
USCG-Retired
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s definitely a TCL issue. I’ve plugged a Roku stick into the hdmi port of the TCL and can watch Netflix from the set with no problem. If I try to use the app on the TCL it’s constant buffering. 

0 Kudos
wolverine989
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Is there anyone from Roku or TCL watching these forums? This has been going on for weeks. I feel like trashing my TCL TVs. I can understand a bug, but this is so major and no fix for weeks.

0 Kudos
Flonner
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

TCL and Roku are practicing the time honoured tradition of many giant companies, ignore the problem long enough and hopefully it will just go away on its own.

0 Kudos
artfulpanda
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

yep this still isn't fixed for me... so far TCL and ROKU are on my never again list... This was one of my biggest reservations about smart TV...and the first smart TV i have...and the issue I expected might happen did..

0 Kudos